Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 07:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Love

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Love  (Read 4883 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jan 03, 2014 08:55 pm »

There are many aspects of love. Yet I really can't see it as love is off or on. I suppose you might say that I never forget about those I have loved. So I never turned the light off. They might have. So I understand the quote by Master "Human friends never leave us if we don't want them to" This was taken out of context so I am not sure what he said before it or after it or where it came from. But we must also remember that we are not the only ones having a choice in the matter. If someone does not want to have anything to do with us there is not much we can do but pray.

I believe that many of us often forget that life is not a Black/White situation~all or nothing. In the same way love has many levels. Some shallow... some deep and lasting. I have walked up the staircase with others who have loved me and I have found their love was not as they proclaimed. Yet I can still look up and see the potential involved and take a few steps back down, if need be, in our aspirations to express love together. Yet knowledge is rarely, if ever, absolute. We find that we merely develop larger paradigms as we expand our awareness. These breakthroughs in understanding include the knowledge of our own and others. Love only expands. It rarely contracts. We are often forced to expand our understanding through our relationships with others.

Love does appear to be something that happens. Yet music is also. Yet vary few of us can play music and make it happen without practice. In the same way we have to practice the attributes of love to have them spontaneously manifest. We do this by having examples such as Masters and practicing the techniques and qualities they have given us and that they have been examples for. Jesus said "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." What an example to follow! No doubt there are those who have taken us as high as they could on that staircase of love. They have showed us much and they too might have stepped back with us but still saw our potential ahead.

It seems to me that one of the qualities of love is reaching out to others. This is something i have been practicing. We may not always experience love but we can always practice being loving in our relationships with everything and everybody.  Some people you reach your hands out to - they only cut them off. This is the case that Jesus faced. But every act of love is not lost forever. There are some things we never loose permanently. Our spiritual practice is never lost. It is true though that there is a time for everything including love. Yet for every beautiful thing in life there is the thorny side as well. This doesn't stop me. It only makes me aware of the challenges and the limitations we face in ourselves and others as well as learning about the most precious quality we can manifest and express: Love.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014 09:41 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: