Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Love

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Love  (Read 4818 times)
kingfisher111

« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2014 05:42 am »

That celestial loop has been eluding me. I know it because I have experienced but in too short stretches of time.

That's the bait I think we are running after. A state we know ctually exists but we are not capable to govern yet.

It's a most frustrating situation but by now I learnt to cope with that, may distracting the mind by excessive mental workload.

Mccoy, I think this is perfectly OK, and as Ram Dass would say, just let the "unhealthy" thought loops happen, don't judge them.  Even if you lose your temper sometime, or give in to some other "mental or emotional weakness" or bad habit, the first thing is to not judge yourself, and accept it all as perfect, necessary and everything happens for a reason.

My friend Brock (who may be still on here?) told me that Ramana Maharshi implies or says that to have a body at all implies some suffering and thus karma.  To be free of suffering and karma to "clear up" one would no longer even be incarnated, maybe.

Someone else told me that he believes we are on this Earth to learn.  This is a school for souls, and once we graduate... we may move onto another plane of existence, or perhaps another part of the Universe or a whole different reality...

The thing is, this Human experience with it's rollercoaster ride ups and downs is unique, none of our animal or even early Human ancestors knew of the the challenges we experience in this day and age, not exactly as we experience them.  Though Life, Death, Love and Admiration of God's Creation, Gratitude for Experience and Loved Ones are all gifts.  We are here to experience, and learn, maybe...

Here's a great quote from the Houston (my hometown) comedian Bill Hicks on "life as a ride":
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: