Spiritual Portal
Apr 17, 2024 01:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Astral Projection

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 39
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Astral Projection  (Read 2019 times)
brock
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2014 01:52 am »

Although I do see music having a connection to my spiritual life I do not see it as part of my SADHANA.

That is very surprising to me. Music can bring you into meditation just as well as sitting with crossed legs. Wasn't the sage Narada a musician? There is a term, maybe sanskrit, for a musician - bhagavathar. It means one who sings the praises of God. Music is a perfectly good path, but the can trip us up there. But the ego can trip people up in anything, including sitting with crossed legs. I believe its formal name is "nada yoga". But it is definitely a form of yoga. Why shouldn't music be a big part of your sadhana? I find that curious.  Cool 

Robert Monroe gave us some wonderful insights into astral travel and told us much about the future which fits in with Sri Yukteswars picture of the higher yugas. But Robert also took his astral body into a higher time here on earth. So you see there are connections/pieces which fit into a larger puzzle that already have surfaced. It appears that such travels will be common in the future and the human body may just be used as a point of reference in the physical realm. Cars, vehicles, phones and the internet being old relics just as Wagon Trains, chariots  and horses are to us. We will develop our mental abilities in the TRETA yuga or silver age to the extent that the physical vehicle will slowly loose it's significance....As our electrical/and astral body/ understanding increases.

I think while this stuff may be futuristic and may involve certain Siddhis, it won't get anyone liberated. That was kind of what I was driving at in my other post. I would like to add a quote from Ramana Maharshi to this effect:

"There are two kinds of powers and one kind may well be a stumbling block to realization. It is said that by mantra, by some drug possessing occult virtues, by severe austerities or by Samadhi of a certain kind, powers can be acquired. But these powers are not a means to self-knowledge, for even when you acquire them, you may quite well be in ignorance." - Ramana Maharshi

Q: People talk of Vaikuntha, Kailasa, Indraloka, Chandraloka (the Hindu heavens). Do they really exist?

A:"Certainly. You can rest assured that they all exist. There also a swami like me will be found seated on a couch and disciples will also be seated around him. They will ask something and he will say something in reply. Everything will be more or less like this. What of that? If one sees Chandraloka, one will ask for Indraloka, and after Indraloka, Vaikuntha and after Vaikuntha, Kailasa, and so on, and the mind goes on wandering. Where is shanti? If shanti is required, the only correct method of securing it is by self-inquiry. Through self-enquiry Self-realization is possible." - Ramana Maharshi
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2014 03:14 am »

Sometimes i read your posts and smile. I'm trying to figure out why. Sometimes I just laugh like now. I think we get in a Web of words sometimes. Of course music can be a form of sadhana and yes I sing Yogananda's chants Ammas' chants and other spiritual chants and songs  before meditating. Yes music comes thru this vehicle for a spiritual purpose... to inspire and to remind... to show the beauty of this creation and what can come from other places as well. Sometime I might tell you about that also. It has been shown to me that even the music that comes thru this vehicle comes from higher spirits that help us in this venture.

Having said all that... i have a certain discipline I go thru in my sadhana. It involves, the energization exercises, yoga asanas, the mantra, om technique, the kriyas and the iam technique. This is my routine. Music is a way I have made a living for years. Sometimes I hear people say; oh yea I meditate when I golf or go fishing. I just smile as I am doing now. Don't let any one fool you. When someone's heart slows down... When their metabolism slows down. When they are not nodding out. Where their breath slows down.... then we see some of the signs of real meditation. All these other things we do..sure it is important to be in that witnessing consciousness... sure it is important to offer them to a higher source and to remember who and what we are serving... so in this sense everything we do can be part of our sadhana.

Yet really we have learned from the great ones what we have to do to reach into the depths of our being. This takes following that spiritual sadhana the gurus have given us and this is where we have come to... you me and some others here. We must follow that sadhana our Masters have given us. It is a daily routine that is slowly eating up our karma and revealing higher and higher states of consciousness and realization.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2014 03:25 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
brock
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2014 04:04 am »

I'm happy that you can at least get a laugh out of some of my foolishness!  Cheesy As for music, those harmonic notes at the beginning of Demian are very nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2014 06:56 am »

I'm happy that you can at least get a laugh out of some of my foolishness!  Cheesy As for music, those harmonic notes at the beginning of Demian are very nice.

Thanks had to put a little sadhana into the mix to keep it lively.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
the 10 moods of dr. kook

« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2014 07:21 am »

Just thought I'd remind you. If you ever need home remedies or on line therapy my services are unlimited. Only circumscribed by the detour at the end of the portal.

THE TEN OR SO MOODS OF THE KOOK
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2014 07:24 am by the 10 moods of dr. kook » Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2014 06:28 am »

Just thought I'd remind you. If you ever need home remedies or on line therapy my services are unlimited. Only circumscribed by the detour at the end of the portal.

Exactly what home remedies/therapy are you referring to? (Sorry don't mean to feed the troll)
Report Spam   Logged
the 10 moods of dr. kook

« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2014 01:25 am »

Exactly what home remedies/therapy are you referring to? (Sorry don't mean to feed the troll)

I have all sorts of cures for relationship problems. My latest is small doses of arsenic that you can put in your partners food every time your partner disagrees with you.
They will get it after a while that disagreement with you leads to sickness. Once they make the connection your relationship will improve by leaps and bounds.

One of 10 moods of the Dr. Kook
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2014 02:01 am »

I see. Timing and delivery is the key, I'm not good at it either.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Mar 13, 2014 05:35 pm »

"Exactly what home remedies/therapy are you referring to? (Sorry don't mean to feed the troll)"
Spirit Image

I have all sorts of cures for relationship problems. My latest is small doses of arsenic that you can put in your partners food every time your partner disagrees with you.
They will get it after a while that disagreement with you leads to sickness. Once they make the connection your relationship will improve by leaps and bounds.

One of 10 moods of the Dr. Kook

I see. Timing and delivery is the key, I'm not good at it either.

pretty good oxymoron! LOL
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014 05:44 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #24 on: Jun 23, 2018 05:22 am »

Well I had an out of body the other night but I'm not sure if it turned lucid or what. It was in my hotel room I remember getting up from the bed and noticing the field past the window. I sent myself out the window and down into the field where I think someone was shot. I think I sat down next to image of what happened, next to where someone had been shot. I don't think it was real time but like watching a past scene. It was more an impression or idea and then I woke up.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: Jun 23, 2018 06:34 am »

Well I had an out of body the other night but I'm not sure if it turned lucid or what. It was in my hotel room I remember getting up from the bed and noticing the field past the window. I sent myself out the window and down into the field where I think someone was shot. I think I sat down next to image of what happened, next to where someone had been shot. I don't think it was real time but like watching a past scene. It was more an impression or idea and then I woke up.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring us with your OBE’s

Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #26 on: Jun 23, 2018 07:22 pm »

Thank you Steve for sharing this video. I thought it was interesting to witness or feel the scene of someones death. I wonder if this was a recent impression or if it was indeed just a lucid dream. If it was a successful astral projection it makes me curious to the way we perceive time in this realm. Just like in the video,
Murshid Inayat Khan teaches that in man contain both heavenly and earthly knowledge. The astral is as natural a realm as is the physical immediate reality. Still there are planes higher than the astral- and if I remember his teachings the astral is the realm of the mind where the Jinns reside(I THINK).
He breaks the elements like this... Bone, skin and flesh is earth. Blood saliva and perspiration is water. The heat in the body and digestive system is fire...  Breath and movement air... The ether is something like passion and that which controls our activities...
Then he says these realms are always present:
angelic, jinn and earth...

Taken from:
Volume V - Spiritual Liberty
Part I
A Sufi Message of Spiritual Liberty - London 1914

MANIFESTATION
The only Being has manifested Himself through seven different planes of existence, to accomplish His desire of being recognized:

Tanzih:

1. Zat – the unmanifested
2. Ahadiat – plane of Eternal Consciousness
3. Wahdat – plane of consciousness
4. Wahdaniat – plane of abstract ideas

Tashbih:

5. Arwah – the spiritual plane
6. Ajsam – the astral plane
7. Insan – the physical plane

There are, again, seven aspects of manifestation:

1. Sitara – planetary
2. Mahtab – lunar
3. Aftab – solar
4. Madeniat – mineral kingdom
5. Nabitat – vegetable kingdom
6. Haywanat – animal kingdom
7. Insan – human kingdom

Insan, being the ideal manifestation, recognizes God by the knowledge of his own self. Man reaches this perfection by development through five grades of evolution:

1. Nasut – material plane
2. Malakut – mental plane
3. Jabarut – astral plane
4. Lahut – spiritual plane
5. Hahut – plane of consciousness

Each grade of development prepares a person for a higher one, and perfects him in five different grades of humanity:

1. Adam – the ordinary man
2. Insan – the wise man
3. Wali – the holy man
4. Qutb – the saint
5. Nabi – the prophet

The five natures corresponding to these five grades are:

1. Ammara – one who acts under the influence of his senses;
2. Lawwama – one who repents of his follies;
3. Mutmainna – one who considers before taking action;
4. Alima – one who thinks, speaks and acts aright;
5. Salima – one who sacrifices himself for the benefit of others.

The following is a diagram illustrating the planes of Nuzul and Uruj (evolution and involution):

zat to insan

All planes of existence consist of vibrations, from the finest to the grossest kind; the vibrations of each plane have come from a higher one, and have become grosser. Whoever knows the mystery of vibrations, he indeed knows all things. Vibrations are of five different aspects, appearing as the five elements:

1. Nur – ether
2. Bad – air
3. Atish – fire
4. Ab – water
5. Khak – earth

In relation to these elements, mankind has five senses:

Basarat – sense of sight the eyes
Samat – sense of hearing the ears
Naghat – sense of smell the nose
Lazzat – sense of taste the tongue
Muss – sense of touch the skin

Through these senses and different organs of the mental and physical existence the Ruh, the soul, experiences life; and when the Ruh receives the highest experience of all phases of existence by the favor of the murshid, then it will have that peace and bliss, the attainment of which is the only object of manifestation.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #27 on: Jun 24, 2018 06:54 am »

in a multiverse with infinite possibilities the experience of the astral plane is mystifying as it is so infrequently discussed everyday.
i am pleased to watch this video, wherein he discusses meditation, various brain waves and as a way the reality of quieting our chatter and switching to a listening mode...

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: Oct 16, 2018 03:58 am »

Hello Eric I put a heading for your topics; ‘out of body experiences’ because I think you really have a lot to say on the subject and now others can find it easier.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #29 on: Oct 21, 2019 06:50 am »

i have been getting more ringing in my ear and sometimes am startled.
this morning i had an opportunity to project. sometimes i pick up on people talking. this time i picked up on an alien language. i am certain i was in the company of alien entities. i was to scared to commit to the projection and tried to turn everything off. i ended up slipping into a vivid dream. i will need to ground myself most likely.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: