Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 01:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The bliss of being nobody special

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The bliss of being nobody special  (Read 199 times)
brock
« on: Mar 10, 2014 12:04 am »

There is great bliss in not being important. I don't mean the false kind of unimportance - the feigned humility stuff. The idea that I am such a great saint because I am so unimportant. Not the concept of being unimportant or devaluing oneself. I mean, in fact, the actual inner feeling that I am not really a big deal at all. Because when that realization dawned on me, like a glimpse, I felt a certain freshness that was very real.

It's such a hard life being a big deal. Dropping the morbid self-consciousness that we live with is an outcome of right meditation. No visions are necessary for it. Self-consciousness move between poles. One minute you are thinking you are a good guy, maybe because you did a good deed. The next minute you are feeling like you are the greatest sinner because you made a mistake. This is how it works.

It is the idea that I am important, significant, that I need to be special, that I'm different, that I need to show the world, that I need to make things right, that I need to make somebody proud of me, that I need to make people love me...

and then one day...

Swish,
whoom.
It's windy outside.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014 12:07 am by brock » Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2014 04:34 am »

I've always sort of had this feeling you describe. My name, my birthday, my accomplishments (whatever that is), just doesn't seem important. Almost like these things were given to me, but I didn't ask for them, yet they're required to live on this planet/society. When in reality, none of that matters.

But then if you tell anybody, like people you work with or just random encounters, you're suspicious, you don't follow the sheep.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: