Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 05:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Luscher Color Test

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Luscher Color Test  (Read 339 times)
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« on: Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm »

Are you familiar with the Luscher Color Test? It's a fun psychological exploratory tool. I first took the test almost 20 years ago via Luscher's book. Anders Holmquist, the Swedish artist who introduced me to the test in 1996, told me that he liked to take the test every few years. He wrote down the results and kept a dated record of them. Taking the test then involved interpreting the results by leafing through the original book by Swiss scientist Luscher, a bit more of an esoteric experience. This new website has synthesized the results into a much easier to read form. What is great, is that on the test results page you can simply copy the address in your browser and keep a record of it.

By the way, this is not an "application" or something that downloads, or requires your personal information, or anything like that. You will simply be selecting colors.

There is one aspect regarding the test that's very important: Do not research the Luscher Color Test or read "About the Quiz" on the web site before taking the test. It could really skew the results.

Simply follow the instructions (you can always read about it later.) You'll do the test twice to complete it. You'll be asked to wait a short time, approximately 2 minutes, between taking the two tests. From start to finish you'll have taken the test and have your results - in only about 5 minutes!

You may find that it highlights a few "character flaws" or "lessons to learn" but I hope that you find it interesting and perhaps even self-illuminating... Like anything else coming from a source outside oneself, take what you find useful and leave behind the rest.

http://colorquiz.com/quiz.php

I've found artists are often receptive to the Luscher color test (Barbara Mendes just wrote me "I took the tests, and you're right- eerily  correct! " ) I know that it's not for everyone.  Also, the test sometimes pinpoints repressed or negative psychological manifestations that may or may not be applicable, and that can be disconcerting!  When I took it recently there were, I think, only two sentences that I considered positive... it's hard to look in [a dark] mirror!   Having said that, the "Color Test Quiz" web site is a bit different from the  book, and really, should be taken just for fun.  In fact, I just found the "official" web site for Luscher's color theories.  There is the authenticity of using the book and the ease of the web site...

http://www.luscher-color.com/

Please note:  I realize that this is not "Science" but more "Psychological Research."  I just couldn't figure out where to file this on the Spiritual Portal!"
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2014 11:06 pm by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2014 09:14 pm »

Hi Serena !
I took this test last night on my phone and was having trouble trying to share the results. It wasn't pasting what I copied. So I retook the test and got different results ! I did it on my phone again. I think the first results were most accurate to me on an outter level- whereas the second time I took the test I noticed the results reflected more of an inner personality. Although I would say I didn't agree with everything on the second test. I'm going to take it again but I feel, with it being a new day, my results will be different from both test. I'll share my results. Do you want to share yours ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2014 09:54 pm »

Gah I couldn't take it at work. But here are the results. And they are different, again.

Your Existing Situation:

Needs excitement and constant stimulation. Willingly participates in activities that are thrilling and offer adventure.

Your Stress Sources:

Feeling empty and isolated from others and trying to bridge the gap between himself and others. Wants to live life to the fullest and experience as much as possible. He cannot stand any restrictions or obstacles put in his way and only longs to be free.

Your Restrained Characteristics:

Emotionally distant even from those closest to him.

"Feels he is carry more than his share of problems. He is flexible and laid back, sticking to his goals and working to overcome any difficulty."

Applies tough standards to his potential partner and demands an unrealistic perfection in his sex life.

Current events leave him feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

Your Desired Objective:

"If motivated, he will easily and quickly learn new skills. Is very intense person who seeks excitement and sexual stimulation. Wants others to see him as an exciting and interesting person, who is also charming and can easily influence others. Uses his charm to increase his chances of succes and gain other people's trust."

Your Actual Problem:

Longs the freedom to make his own decisions and plans without the criticism and restrictions of others. Uses his charm to deal with others and get what he wants.

Your Actual Problem #2:

Fears others will try to hold him back from achieving his goals and the things he wants. Puts on the charm and can be manipulative towards others hoping he can get them to do as he wishes and making it easier for him to reach his own goals.
Report Spam   Logged
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2014 09:47 am »

Hi Serena !
"...I'll share my results. Do you want to share yours ?"

I, too, found that much applied.  As I said in the post, results will change as you select different orders of color preference.  Try using the book sometime.  Like anything else that is divinatory, or psychologically analytical, it's a tool.  I wouldn't take it too seriously.  Take what you want...  I will share my results from the color quiz, since you are curious.  Just click on the link.

http://colorquiz.com/results.php?code=f,1,2,5,3,4,6,0,7,6,1,2,5,4,3,6,0,7,0&p=full
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014 09:50 am by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: