Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 02:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

"You have fallen."

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "You have fallen."  (Read 986 times)
SpiritImage

« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2014 01:52 am »

We do have a choice in who we hang around with. Yet we often continue to keep ourselves in the presence of those who are not helping us but our in fact hindering our spiritual progress and our spiritual evolution.

Just curious, normally I don't associate, unless I have to, with anyone who is not helping.

Are you involved in circumstances where you are voluntarily or involuntarily placed in these positions for a length of time that present these problems?
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2014 07:04 pm »

That's a good point, SpiritImage. There are plenty of people who don't even believe there is anything beyond the material plane at all. Perceiving that one is in the dark is itself a kind of "light".

I have never had any of those experiences either nor do I want to have them. I think what Hippo describes are subconscious impressions. I don't want to offend him or be unfriendly, but I think they are only about as helpful as anything else the subconscious mind produces.

Of course, I could be totally wrong because, as I said, I have never had those experiences.

brock, none taken. thank you for your consideration. i work closely with my subconscious and have always been fond of dreams and the like. lately my focus is not on where the message comes from but the message itself. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2014 12:32 am »

We do have a choice in who we hang around with. Yet we often continue to keep ourselves in the presence of those who are not helping us but our in fact hindering our spiritual progress and our spiritual evolution.

Just curious, normally I don't associate, unless I have to, with anyone who is not helping.

Are you involved in circumstances where you are voluntarily or involuntarily placed in these positions for a length of time that present these problems?

For me; there are plenty of opportunities for friends. Which I am grateful for. The question is: How do I choose my time? In the past there has also been plenty of opportunity for family socializing. The question is again; What do these encounters amount to? We also have romantic encounters in life that are unfavorable in the sense that we are being used for a different purpose than what we need and want to give. We always have a choice. Although attachment and desire for a certain material life style can easily destroy  our spiritual aspirations and years later we can look back and see that the times we spent with other spiritual seekers were the most fruitful.

We may even come into contact with those who profess spiritual seeking but in fact their actions are far from their words. Sometimes we may even find that someones heart has turned to stone because of their connection and commitment to people who destroy their friendship with you. We eventually recognizing cross currents causing ripples in our consciousness and monopolizing our awareness.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2014 01:42 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: