Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 09:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Spontaneous

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spontaneous  (Read 559 times)
ding dong

« on: Oct 14, 2018 01:30 pm »

I just woke up and remember a dream I had while sleeping. Sometimes dreams give us spiritual messages. This one did. I have a very good friend and he is quite an engineer. He is very good at planning things out and procedure. He is much like an engineer. I have learned to appreciate his talent for being this way. He is also a problem solver.

We also need to understand the importance and genius that can also come out of being spontaneous and not making plans. In my dream I met someone and just hopped in the car with her when invited and started riding along. At some point I told her that I had no way of getting back to my car unless she took me back to it. I also somewhat apologetically told her that I had an appointment in about an hour with someone. She expressed the idea that it was important to keep commitments with schedules with others. I agreed but also mentioned that I could call and cancel the appointment. Thinking that sometimes we may just have one opportunity to really meet and get to know what would otherwise remain a stranger.

We ended up at her house having quite a comfortable conversation and then she suddenly said she wanted to take a break. I was struck by the unusualness of her behavior and she sat on the staircase wearing ear phones and listening to music while casually reading something. I was struck by the spontaneous nature of her finding a quiet moment to herself. I often do this myself but am so grateful I have found meditation techniques from both Yogananda and Amma that can give me moments in silence alone to have a break from the world.

You need to shut the hell up and go meditate.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: