Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 07:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

recent thoughts of an average joe

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: recent thoughts of an average joe  (Read 531 times)
guest88
« on: May 27, 2014 07:22 pm »

during my exercise sunday i started to reflect on humanity and god even. i was graced multiple times by the sight of the mockingbird and with each lap his presence became bolder... at one point i thought i had connected to an old friend. i was excited by this idea. perhaps too excited... getting carried away in thought/power and ego. anyways... i'm not sure how to jump into what i want to talk about. because... i need to give this more thought. i had a real appreciation for creation. creativity- the raw and primal forces of life. lately i've been trying to understand exactly where humanity is headed. a lot of my future inquiries have me looking back at our past. studying different cultures and beliefs. i believe in God. sorry if my thoughts come off as naive or ill informed. i Believe, God wants to communicate with us and I Believe in many ways we are similar to God... but I can't consciously say I Know God. I believe there are moments where we feel really connected in this communication with god... where we think we Know what's right because of it. We might very well be right... But for how long ? To what extent?
I think. A downfall in our glimpse of God is holding on to ideas that, once served a purpose- have become outdated... corrupt. And, looking back at our past- I've seen war over conflicting beliefs. There are people who have helped shape a culture because of their ideas and beliefs. When I think of humanity and where we're headed... I think... we're so far back in some areas of the world. Where woman are treated like cattle and children are tortured by fear and esnlavement and turned into products for War. And too far forward in other areas with technological advances that would leave a dying culture in shock awe. Things that are advertised as important are curious... We're so odd.
Not to drift in babble... But these are the recent thoughts... And still i'm left wondering where we're headed as a whole. What's next in our evolution? And, are things really changing at an accelerated rate- Or is this just a consitent part of the Human Evolution? A lot of thoughts to what we are...
I think in our future, with the growth of technology, a natural part is in balancing the imbalanced aspects of the world and uniting with others as brothers and sisters of planet earth as we spread our race through out this universe. A friend once shared with me, Change is the only constant. I think this is a nice statement...
To recap... I think God wants to be known and has been communicating with our kind through out our entire known and unknown history. I think as we grow we learn ideas like Hope and Love(in all its misconstrued holy/unholy forms) and hold on to these ideas thinking Life should be this way because this is what we've been graced with in our understanding. We think we know what's right and at the same time let our very Human aspects muddy visions of communication by holding on to things that limit ourselves and an entire culture thus our experience with change as we evolve becomes all the more painful. Perhaps in our growth we must learn to go with the Flow.... not only is it important to learn this as an individual but as we communicate more with others around the world and become more and more united as Human beings.

i'm not trying to preach... just speculate and share these recent thoughts

well, your thoughts are appreciated and... for fun
check this website out
www.futuretimeline.net  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
kingfisher111

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014 11:47 pm »

Eric,

You seem much too thoughtful about these deeper issues of Life on Earth to be an "average joe."

Firstly, I'd like to recommend 2 great documentaries, if you haven't already seen them, Zeitgesit: Moving Forward & Transcendent Man and .  These two films both explore what the future might hold for Humans from two quite different and also in many ways similar perspectives.

The growth of technology, the tools of man, are the things that both help us do things never before possible, but also create new threats to our species (and many others') survival on this planet.

Terrence McKenna said that maybe we are "burning all our bridges on the road to infinity."  This is the perspective, that with the arrival of unprecedented technological breakthroughs like the emergence of AI, global communication via the internet and exponentially greater and cheaper power sources on the horizon (like efficient solar power, which is getting better every year), that we may yet be able to solve all of the problems we have created for ourselves, materially, on this planet.

The other point you made, of how there is so much prejudice and unnecessary suffering on this planet still, is certainly a spiritual problem, which improved technology may not solve...  However, a lot of research suggests that most of the worlds suffering does stem from "scarcity" and this is EXACTLY what improved technology is best at eliminating!  Look at the graphs of the average Human life span over the course of Human history, our species used to average around a 30 year lifespan.  With improvements in science and technology in health, agriculture, etc.  this number is for the first time in Human history in 1st world countries is around 80 and in the poorest countries close to 50.

Of course, while we are living longer on average, we are also adding poisons to the air, water and food in many places on Earth.  But this is due to GREED and FEAR of one corporation dying, capitalist competition, dog eat dog... this all stems from the idea that there is "only enough to go around"... technological improvements will continue to alleviate this problem.

However, most scarcity on Earth today is not truly real.  Very much of it is manufactured or perceived scarcity.  Like the diamond industry... if DeBeers opened all of "their diamonds" to the free market, diamond's might loose their value overnight by 1000%!!  This is also what happens in the oil industry and with the "planned obsolescence" of cell phones and computers, made to break in 1-3 years so you will have to buy another or pay for constant tech support...

Spiritual action and improving one's own state of consciousness matters greatly.  Technology will unfold and evolve regardless, and is mostly slowed down by all of these weird greed and fear motivated actions of corporations...  Spiritual growth of the individual ripples out, and helps all.

Personally, I'm very hopeful about the future of the Human Race!  Here's a beautiful quote about optimism from one of my favorite authors.

We all come from the same source.  We are all made out of BIG BANG SUPER HOT/DENSE/POWERFUL ENERGY!!!!  Before the Big Bang, it is said that our Universe existed in a state of INFINITE POSSIBILITIES!  Perhaps this state is God?  Perhaps since we all come from this, we are all God? 

Ram Dass said we are all "God in drag."  And he said that when someone would challenge him, or appear to be an "enemy" he would tell himself, this person is God in drag... and ask himself, what lesson is my Guru trying to teach me through this form?

Anyway, that's my take on this as an "average art" Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014 11:50 pm by kingfisher111 » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014 04:32 am »

Well you seem to have faith in a material technology. I have more faith in a spiritual tecnology. The great one's; thru their own personal investigation have found ways to calm the the mind settle the heart and slow the breath in this way leaving an open door to the expansion of spirit.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014 04:33 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
kingfisher111

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014 09:11 am »

Steve,

Well, I know a lot of people would not be alive or as healthy as they are without our material technology.  On the other hand, a lot of suffering is caused by material technologies.

These things will only continue to grow more and more powerful as time moves forward.... until they "destroy or save us"....

So, now more than ever, I do think Spiritual Technology, is important!  More Love!  More Harmony!  More healthy communication between people and groups with different perspectives!  More meditation!  More organic, raw fruits and veggies!  MORE LOVE!

This is what will make the difference between the growth of material technology from destroying the Human race or allowing it to take the Humans to new heights, beyond the Stars!!!

I just think the growth of this technology is unavoidable... it's happening.  If there were a choice, it might be smarter to "slow down" or return to a more natural, organic state... but this is the world we live in, and the forces motivating this material evolution might be the very reason we are here... to help usher in the next, more evolved form of life, like the monkeys did for us... Artificial Intelligence is something that will arrive in the next 10-200 years, most scientists agree on, and no one knows what this will mean...

My hope is it will mean more Love!  more Peace!  and more freedom for Humans!  and a beautiful new species of Life which we can learn from, teach and grow in harmony with!

The future will be much stranger than any Science Fiction story ever written.... and it already is!

We're talking about spirituality on a WEBSITE!!  What would people have thought if we told them of THIS REALITY 50 or 100 years ago??

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
kingfisher111

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014 09:13 am »

Material technology always has and always will be a double edged sword I think...

Spiritual growth is the only thing which ensures more help and less suffering through these things... maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2018 09:54 am »

I believe in god but not sure I believe in an after life. That is to say, all that I understand to be Eric B will one day cease to exist. Once this breath stops, no more. I know many who claim they are unafraid to die, I find I value my existence and journey too much to let it go so easily- so I am afraid to die.. afraid but we must all die. Is it fear of the unknown, is there something greater for us on the other side? Or do we truly cease to exist and whatever remaining energy dissolves/combines/reverts back to a different form...? I have had dreams and other worldly experiences with different entities/forms of energy- but are these things ghost or just another aspect of life, a reality where those personalities too will one day cease to exist ? 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: