Spiritual Portal
Mar 19, 2024 07:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bible and Christian Dogmatism

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: innocent-eye

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: hole

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: hole
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bible and Christian Dogmatism  (Read 3300 times)
zap
« on: Jun 14, 2014 02:24 am »

Yes, you would be steeped in Eastern dogmatism.

It is nice to have you with us zap. I do not think what you are saying is true. I feel i would have spent much more time assimilating the essene and gnostic gospels and listened to many more of the early church fathers if it had not been for much negative Christian doctrines in my youth and the annihilation of gnostic and essene influences by conventional Christianity.

By the way I thought I would mention to you zap. You brought up Adam and Eve as an example for heterosexual marriage. What you did not say is how Adam and Eve continued to have offspring since both of them had no females. Because God created man and woman is no sign that he was against same sex marriage. It only signifies he created two sexes.

The Bible is full of contradictions and deletions. It becomes more and more apparent as one is 'preached to' about it. My view is that our culture is extremely out of balance in religious understanding compared to for instance people from India. Most people in the United States are extremely brain washed by Christian religious dogma.

I have appreciated your contributions from Ram Das who is quite an exception to my generalizations.

Jitendra

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2014 02:41 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: