Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 05:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bible and Christian Dogmatism

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bible and Christian Dogmatism  (Read 3410 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2015 12:09 pm »

On the crusades, I tend to see it in another light.
That is, it's just an excuse from the extremists. If we look back to history and reason in terms of Revenge, the world will sbe hattered by the overwhelming negative vibrations of hate.

I'm Italian, so I should be hated by all foreigners whose nations 2000 years ago were conquered by the Romans. I should also be hated by the muslims because many crusaders were Italian. I should also be hated by other religios which have been insulted by the Catholic religion. Lybians, Etiopians and Somali should hate me to Death because of the fascist domination. Also, Albanians and Greeks should hate me and Italy becuase of the attempted conquest by Mussolini. French and British people should hate me because Mussolini allied with Hitler against them. Also,all the nations conquered by Hitler should hate Italy because Mussolini was an allied of Hitler. This would extend to all the terirtories conquered by Japan, since Germany and Italy were allied with them.
On my turn, I should hate the Germans because they occupied the Italian territory after the coup which dethroned Mussolini. I should also hate the Moroccans, the Pakistanis and some American troops which committed atrocities and raped Italian women and boys during the occupation in Italy. I should hate hate Slavs because they killed lots of Italians after the war, throwing them in sinkholes....

I'm sure I could lenghten this hate-list at will
The same goes for other countries.

The bottom line is that we CANNOT look to the past and hate other nations and civilizations for what they did.
This is wshy all the references to the crusades are deadly wrong.

The muslim should try and prove that they are better than the western world in terms of  economic achievements, quality of life, arts and science. In the United Arabian Emirates they are trying and sometimes succeding. the Chinese are trying and suceding.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: