Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 03:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I FEEL THE FRICTION

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I FEEL THE FRICTION  (Read 416 times)
kingfisher111

« on: Jul 16, 2014 08:41 am »

Gravity drags down our bodies. 

Attachment and desire drag down our hearts and minds.

The Soul feels no friction, it has nothing to resist.

My mind, heart and body are resisting the gravity of the World they were all born into, simply by living, we are always resisting gravity's pull, and attachment to different people, things, identities, environments, times, ideas, loves, hurts... we set ourselves free everyday by moving, but our hearts and minds are then dragged down again, in an endless cycle... seemingly.

The Spirit simply Is.  Observes all this "action", but from a place where Time and Space never existed.

We are already free.  Everything else will remind us of this if we let it, or everything else will distract us from this if we are not.

Om Shanti
Report Spam   Logged
RipLord

« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2014 04:08 am »

Desire clouds perception and prevents us from seeing things as they are. This includes the desire to see things as they are.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2014 04:18 am »

prevents us from seeing things as they are. This includes the desire to see things as they are.

Is this taking the view that all desire is therefore nonproductive? Would we rather see things as they are or as they are not?
We could also use the old adage: don't lose site of the forest for the trees. Or: The animal is known by its tracks.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2014 05:20 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
kingfisher111

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2014 10:10 am »

Nice observation RipLord!  and I like your follow up questions Steve, I am interested to hear RipLord's response.

To me, the answer always seems to be "let go", then I see more clearly what is, which could be my desire to see things clearly which is blinding me even!

I want to be near the Ocean.  I want to see the many sides of Nature.  I have seen enough of big cities for a while I feel... I want to see the Ocean.

However, deeper wisdom seems it would suggest, "wherever I go, there I am".  Every desire fulfilled or pined over for years only leads me back to me, and my relationship with myself and Universe.

Report Spam   Logged
RipLord

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2014 02:00 am »

prevents us from seeing things as they are. This includes the desire to see things as they are.

Is this taking the view that all desire is therefore nonproductive? Would we rather see things as they are or as they are not?
We could also use the old adage: don't lose site of the forest for the trees. Or: The animal is known by its tracks.
actually, I think it might be taking the view point that all productivity is fueled by desire, and because desire clouds our perceptions, our productivity is in danger of being at odds with what is, or in the parlance of our times "unsustainable." Whether or not we desire change, change will occur, but desire can help us navigate the waters of inevitable change by allowing us to realize that we have a preference for how we would like to navigate. In these waters, we come up against the limits of what our desires can manifest. A desire is an absence, so, we have get rid our our desire in order not to be at odds with having what we desired prior to having it. And if we can't have our desire met, letting go of the impossible desires greatly brings the possible into focus. If we desire to see what is possible, to see things they are, we will necessarily lose focus, because 1, we mistakenly believe that "things" are a "way" when it is closer to the truth to see "processes" and note that they are "in action." 2, we don't see the processes as they are, but instead as we are. But perhaps that's too fine a hair to split. We exist in this dimensions as the desired manifestation from an eternal external realm. eg. When you go from one room into another, your desire manifested in the room you left. In this realm, we are finite. Our desires matter, but only relatively. In this way, our desires are like a compass, bringing us to the cosmic lessons we are destined to learn and so our desire is very productive. But the products and toxic byproducts of what our desires tend to manifest as a species seem to be very unproductive for the systems of our existence. And I can only conclude that that is a result of the way in which desire clouds perception. When it comes to the idea of spiritual clarity: without clarity, your idea of clarity is clouded. If you desire clarity, you necessarily cannot know what it is you desire, because clarity is absent. If you seek and preach that which you know you desire, can you be truly said to be seeking and speaking of clarity? If, on the other hand, in your process, you are "graced" with clarity, the fog is lifted, the veils are dropped, etc. then your desire for clarity is gone. This doesn't preclude any desire from being relatively productive, no matter how seemingly reprehensible that desire, as even destruction is a great opportunity to be productive, and to some degree, without destroying working systems, there is no ascension to higher vibrational systems. On a personal note, I'm in high favor of desires, as being bored for the next 50 or 60 years sounds very taxing. While I hope to cultivate many desires in my future, I also hope to enjoy them as fully as possible while holding onto them as lightly as possible, that I may waste as little time desiring what is not, and spend as much time enjoying what is, as I can.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2014 11:52 pm »

actually, I think it might be taking the view point that all productivity is fueled by desire, and because desire clouds our perceptions, our productivity is in danger of being at odds with what is, or in the parlance of our times "unsustainable." Whether or not we desire change, change will occur, but desire can help us navigate the waters of inevitable change by allowing us to realize that we have a preference for how we would like to navigate. In these waters, we come up against the limits of what our desires can manifest. A desire is an absence, so, we have get rid our our desire in order not to be at odds with having what we desired prior to having it. And if we can't have our desire met, letting go of the impossible desires greatly brings the possible into focus. If we desire to see what is possible, to see things they are, we will necessarily lose focus, because 1, we mistakenly believe that "things" are a "way" when it is closer to the truth to see "processes" and note that they are "in action." 2, we don't see the processes as they are, but instead as we are. But perhaps that's too fine a hair to split. We exist in this dimensions as the desired manifestation from an eternal external realm. eg. When you go from one room into another, your desire manifested in the room you left. In this realm, we are finite. Our desires matter, but only relatively. In this way, our desires are like a compass, bringing us to the cosmic lessons we are destined to learn and so our desire is very productive. But the products and toxic byproducts of what our desires tend to manifest as a species seem to be very unproductive for the systems of our existence. And I can only conclude that that is a result of the way in which desire clouds perception. When it comes to the idea of spiritual clarity: without clarity, your idea of clarity is clouded. If you desire clarity, you necessarily cannot know what it is you desire, because clarity is absent. If you seek and preach that which you know you desire, can you be truly said to be seeking and speaking of clarity? If, on the other hand, in your process, you are "graced" with clarity, the fog is lifted, the veils are dropped, etc. then your desire for clarity is gone. This doesn't preclude any desire from being relatively productive, no matter how seemingly reprehensible that desire, as even destruction is a great opportunity to be productive, and to some degree, without destroying working systems, there is no ascension to higher vibrational systems. On a personal note, I'm in high favor of desires, as being bored for the next 50 or 60 years sounds very taxing. While I hope to cultivate many desires in my future, I also hope to enjoy them as fully as possible while holding onto them as lightly as possible, that I may waste as little time desiring what is not, and spend as much time enjoying what is, as I can.

Desire is eventually converted from personal will to divine will. When we are in tune with divine will our desire nature is transformed from satisfying the ego to satisfying the soul and our divine purpose. In the process we find ourselves somewhere caught in the middle until we satisfy all personal desire and exhaust those desires for a higher purpose.

I understand that you have also included the desire to be free. When we are under the compulsion of duality it is my take on it... that we still function under its sway. When free we are free of wanting to be good or bad. Do I really know though: NO
Hope i have touched on some understanding of your post RipLord. I see you have given this topic much deep contemplation.
Perhaps I am not at the same level of being cognizant. But i am expressing an interest.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2014 12:48 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2014 01:17 am »

RipLord

I am curious as to why you took such an interest in this topic of desire. You mentioned that without desire we would not have productivity. However there are beings on this planet who are affecting this planet not by conventional poroductivity... that is doing something... but rather being something. So in this sense i do not believe it is necessary to be productive as many people believe. We have found here in the United States especially that the more we do or produce the more we also destroy. This is tied in with the law of entropy.

You speak of clarity and the desire for clarity. Clarity is a by product of meditation. Do we desire clarity? I believe it is a practice. It is as you have said- a process. Something that takes place as a result of meditation and spiritual practice. We are limited by our use of language here. To some degree we desire because it is part of our human characteristic. Yet our desire nature becomes more and more transformed as our clarity increases.We become more and more motivated by joy and love. This is not boring as you have mentioned but rather increases our expanded awareness and motivates us by factors other than desire. Those terms are love, understanding joy and compassion.

My hope is that you see my response as a hope to connect with your thought waves here and that I have not misunderstood you too much in the process. You have mentioned clarity several times in your response. Clarity is an ability to understand what we are experiencing with our lives and with those who come into our life. If we have no clarity, we are in a dark room, fumbling around, reaching out for objects and trying to make sense of them. Meditation and spiritual practices take a dimmer lite we found on the wall and brighten the whole room so we are able to have clarity as to what we percieve. Time and experience also  add clarity but through a much denser and slower medium.

It is as you have said desire is definately a compass that has taken us to our present circumstances. Yet we also have a higher calling which is the compass of our souls needs.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2014 02:34 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: