Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 06:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Seeking God and Enlightenment; Caught in the balance.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking God and Enlightenment; Caught in the balance.  (Read 181 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jul 20, 2014 06:21 pm »

Would we seek God and Enlightenment if we did not experience pain suffering and unhappiness? I say no. Because God or enlightenment is presumably the absence of such qualities. So should we see pain, suffering and unhappiness as a catalyst to
our search for enlightenment and God? Huh? Is that why these qualities arrise? If we were naturally happy all the time what would be our incentive to search for God? I have met plenty of people who are not consciously looking for enlightenment or God. Many of these people still believe strongly that there can be happiness in this world or that they somehow are important to others or to the world therefore they have little or no motivation for seeking God.

When we get a taste of enlightenment or God we then have another incentive. We still are tied to the material world by the rewards of the world yet also we know that there are superior experiences in soul recognition. We are then caught in the balance.... seeking God but also hoping for happiness through material pleasures or relief from the sorrows of material life. Then realizing more and more; wherever we go what ever we do we carry our problems along because our consciousness creates them. We cannot truly change our circumstances till we change our consciousness.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2014 08:32 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Swami Peevananda

« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2014 03:21 am »

I appreciate the thoughtful post, Steve.

Ramana Maharshi said, "Happiness is your true nature."

When we get a taste of enlightenment or God we then have another incentive. We still are tied to the material world by the rewards of the world yet also we know that there are superior experiences in soul recognition. We are then caught in the balance.... seeking God but also hoping for happiness through material pleasures or relief from the sorrows of material life. Then realizing more and more; wherever we go what ever we do we carry our problems along because our consciousness creates them. We cannot truly change our circumstances till we change our consciousness.

This is a good point. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "The Karate Kid". Mr. Myagi told Daniel Larusso:

Miyagi: Now, ready?

Daniel: Yeah, I guess so.

Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk.

[they both kneel]

Miyagi: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later

[makes squish gesture]

Miyagi: get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"

[makes squish gesture]

Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?

Daniel: Yeah, I understand.

Miyagi: Now, ready?

Daniel: Yeah, I'm ready.

Miyagi: We make sacred pact. I promise teach karate to you, you promise learn. I say, you do, no questions.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: