Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Remembering Friends and Lovers

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering Friends and Lovers  (Read 1270 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2019 04:07 pm »

Thank you for bumping the thread by Sri Yukteswar. There are so many inspiring quotes- I had been reflecting on my relationship with Jessica and understood that I had lost my way. By over-indulging the self via greed, perverse attitudes corrupted the Love which was mirrored back in real time and evident by the dying connection.

Then to read this after your resurrecting the thread,

"A girl must have proved very troublesome to the peace of mind in his early life," my guru answered caustically "Otherwise he would have denounced, not woman, but some imperfection of his own self-control."

It is a gain for the one who finds fault in himself and a loss to rest blame on another, where only God and that unique expression of God can intimately know each other. We are all unique expressions of God.

I thought maybe to bump these sayings in the recent Self-Control thread which is also full of inspiration.

Here seems most appropriate, in line with my recent ruminations as I reflect on friends and lovers. I found this quote below equally relevant and hope others benefit too.

"Forget the past," Sri Yukteswar would console him. "The vanished lives of all men are dark with many shames. Human conduct is ever unreliable until man is anchored in the divine. Everything in future will improve if you are making a spiritual effort now."

Here I am not forgetting but am letting go of the darkness and reevaluating the experience to aid my aspirations. I hope to fulfill my role as a man, transform my mind and reflect the divine. May we have the strength to mold our future and the dignity to accept our past.

And of course, when reflecting on others- may we be content by their Happiness.

'Wrath springs only from thwarted desires. I do not expect anything from others so their actions cannot be in opposition to wishes of mine. I would not use you for my own ends I am happy only in your own true happiness.'

Yukteswar is a rishi.
"Yogananda gave Sri Yukteswar the title Gyanavatar, 'an incarnation of wisdom' and he called Lahiri Mahasaya a Yogavatar, 'an incarnation of yoga'. Babaji is known as Mahavatar, or Great Avatar."
https://www.ananda.org/ask/was-yogananda-an-avatar-incarnation-of-god/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: