Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

God is near

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: God is near  (Read 1001 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Oct 26, 2014 11:50 am »

Thanks for your little talk about maintaining our 'vehicle' mccoy and the beautiful poem and thread you started irena. There was such a strong reaction to the religious and social injustices of the czar political system. I wonder if you miss your home country and what age you left irena. Do you see some advantages of Russia compared to the states?

You asked me about me and my life. I feel as though religion - specifically Christianity held me back spiritually and it is a debilitating element in our society. Why?  Because most Christians can only except Jesus and they have no conception of meditation since it was either taken out of the Bible or was not taught by Jesus to the masses. In the name of Christianity so many people have been persecuted and tortured that there is really no believable legitimacy anymore. Like any view you may have someone somewhere will prove to you that there is an exception. I have had this happen also.

i believe you asked me why this forum was started on another forum. It was started for many reasons but in relation to the last paragraph- the main reason is to accept all paths leading to the infinite. Not just a fixation on one path to the exclusion of other people and rigid conceptions that narrow our views about our spiritual life. Most of us here are speaking about spirituality - not religion. It is not all SRF or all Catholic or all Yogananda or all any one narrow view that defines religion. We come together and share each others views.

To give you an example: you told me you do not feel an attraction towards Amma. That is fine. However if I were to say i do not feel an attraction towards Yogananda on another forum bearing his name i do not think i would get the same response. They might wonder why I was there and that would be O.K. i just would like to have a place to communicate where the influence of many spiritual views converge and everyone who is seeking spiritual awakening feels welcome to express their different views and a place where you can meet people and find friends.

Steve
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014 06:55 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: