Spiritual Portal
Oct 15, 2019 07:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on CD Baby!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

God is near

Recent Items

Views: 10
Comments (2)
By: kingfisher111

Views: 8
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: tides2dust

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: God is near  (Read 67 times)
Irina

« on: Oct 27, 2014 12:36 am »

Hi Steve. i left Russia when i was 24 and i am 49 now. so, you see, i've been here over half of my life. no, i don't miss Russia any more. i did in the beginning for about ten years and then, one day the homesickness just vaporized and I stopped pining about my old home. the only advantage that i could think of is the taste of the deserts. i like Russian deserts more than the American ones. Smiley but it may actually be an advantage that i am so far removed from them.

I understand your feelings about religion and about this web site i also understand now. I've heard the same protest against religion from other people and I understand how it may come to happen. For me, it is a bit different. I freely chose religion and I did not immerse myself completely in the church, although i've spent considerable time with people of different churches and my friends and I at one point even had our own little church group. My religion does not belong to one particular church or a denomination. For me religion is my relationship with God. I do like the words of Sai Baba:

"There is only one religion; the religion of Love
There is only one language; the language of the Heart
There is only caste; the caste of Humanity
There is only one God, He is Omnipresent.
"

"All religions teach one basic discipline - the removal of the blemish of egoism from the mind, and of running after trivial joys. Every religion teaches man to fill his being with the Glory of God, and evict the pettiness of conceit. It trains him in methods of detachment and discrimination, so that he may aim high and attain liberation. Believe that all hearts are motivated by the one God; that all faiths glorify Him alone; that all names in all languages and all forms man can conceive denote the one Supreme Being; His adoration is best done by means of love.
Cultivate that Eka-bhava (attitude of Oneness), between men of all creeds, all countries and all continents. That is the message of love, I bring. That is the message I wish you to take to heart."
"Let the different faiths exist, let them flourish; let the glory of God be sung in all languages in a variety of tunes. That should be the ideal. Respect the differences between the faiths and recognize them as valid so far as they do not extinguish the flame of unity
"
~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba

I agree with this with all my heart.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2014 12:40 am by Irina » Report Spam   Logged

“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”
― Abraham Joshua Heschel

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: