Spiritual Portal
Apr 16, 2024 03:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

God is near

Recent Items

Views: 23
Comments (5)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 19
Comments (4)

Views: 16
Comments (4)

Views: 30
Comments (4)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: God is near  (Read 1009 times)
Irina

« on: Oct 27, 2014 12:23 am »

Hi mccoy! Nice to meet you and thank you for the sermon Smiley I've enjoyed it.

I've been in Italy, actually even lived there for several month. I had a privilege to experience the beauty and the joy of Italy. We stayed in a small sea town not far from Rome, but I did take a trip to Florence, Venice and San Marino. It was like a dream. What surprised me a lot is that the view of the countryside (we were traveling by bus) actually looked like the old paintings of the Italian artists that I've known since childhood. I've always thought that the nature in those paintings is somewhat unreal, that is is stylized by the artists, but it turned out that Italian countryside looks exactly like those paintings. The three things I loved about Italy were: the roses everywhere, the wonderful milk products and ...the siesta. I think, that siesta is the greatest thing the humanity could think of. Too bad it is not a world-wide custom. Smiley

I agree with you about moods. they are always changing and it is wise to treat them like the weather and ignore and not try to explain or change them. Treating like the weather an understanding of what you are is a bit more tricky. Smiley In this area, it seems preferable to stay on one position. do you know what you are, mccoy? What do you think about your Self?
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2014 06:30 am by Irina » Report Spam   Logged

“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”
― Abraham Joshua Heschel

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: