Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 03:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Control and Obstinacy in the AOY

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Control and Obstinacy in the AOY  (Read 409 times)
kingfisher111

« on: Dec 29, 2014 09:33 pm »

I'm not sure if I totally understand these two stories...

It seems they are about the "giving up" of one's ego and desires which is needed when following a guru.

I've been there, earlier in life...  there is a bliss to that, but like the baby bird, one day all students must fly on their own.... (and yet remain students of Life and Universe if they truly seek wisdom and continued awakening or spiritual growth).

The control and obstinacy I relate more to now, is what does my ego provoke of me... and the moments when I know this is not in accord with what my Higher Self, or True Self or perhaps God wishes...

These are the true moments of unhealthy control and obstinacy I struggle with sometimes... brought about by laziness, anger, sadness or other similar lower vibrations, which I sometimes feel.

On the other hand... I've been practicing and making a habit of acceptance of these moments and challenges.  Letting the EGO not give up control for a bit, and not always judging it and being upset at my limitations, but taking a breathe.  This will usually allow the obstinacy of my ego to relent more quickly, the same way yelling at a problematic child might only cause more problems, but simply acting bored by their temper tantrum will leave them only with themselves to reflect upon their actions and STATE, and more likely produce change...

I feel my GURU was always the Divine, for the Human vessel I know who took that role for me was quite flawed, but someone the Divine spoke through him to me, and I must say, that time of life when I was inspired to give up control and obstinacy in the face of another who I trusted with my mortal and spiritual existence was a very blissful, if often challenging, time of my life.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: