Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 03:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Self-Enquiry

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Self-Enquiry  (Read 200 times)
kingfisher111

« on: Dec 27, 2014 09:31 am »

(Master is Ramana Maharshi)

Disciple: Master! what is the means to gain the state of eternal bliss, ever devoid of misery?

Master: Apart from the statement in the Vedas that wherever there is a body there is misery, this is also the direct experience of all people; therefore, one should enquire into one’s true nature which is ever bodiless, and one should remain as such. This is the means to gaining that state.

D: What is meant by saying that one should enquire into one’s true nature and understand it?

M: Experiences such as, ‘I went; I came; I was; I did’ come naturally to everyone. From these experiences, does it not appear that the consciousness ‘I’ is the subject of those various acts? Enquiry into the true nature of that consciousness, and remaining as oneself is the way to understand, through enquiry, one’s true nature.

('Self-enquiry', Questions 1-2)
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2014 11:12 am »

... Experiences such as, ‘I went; I came; I was; I did’ come naturally to everyone. From these experiences, does it not appear that the consciousness ‘I’ is the subject of those various acts? Enquiry into the true nature of that consciousness, and remaining as oneself is the way to understand, through enquiry, one’s true nature.

That's a great citation from a great master, actually, some enquiries in the same line as above must have been what started the science of Yoga. Enquiries made indipendently from the early pioneers of self realization.
Now we have many paths at our disposal, the Whole science of Raja Yoga, Kriya Yoga, disciplines suited to all spiritual tastes.
Before, there was nothing. Those early pioneers most probably started there own disciplines by enquiries similar to the one outlined by Rahmana Maharsi,
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2015 03:19 pm »

... Experiences such as, ‘I went; I came; I was; I did’ come naturally to everyone. From these experiences, does it not appear that the consciousness ‘I’ is the subject of those various acts? Enquiry into the true nature of that consciousness, and remaining as oneself is the way to understand, through enquiry, one’s true nature.

That's a great citation from a great master, actually, some enquiries in the same line as above must have been what started the science of Yoga. Enquiries made indipendently from the early pioneers of self realization.
Now we have many paths at our disposal, the Whole science of Raja Yoga, Kriya Yoga, disciplines suited to all spiritual tastes.
Before, there was nothing. Those early pioneers most probably started there own disciplines by enquiries similar to the one outlined by Rahmana Maharsi,

We all carry a lot of baggage. The Master leads us into situations where we become more and more aware of our heavy loads. We shed those loads more and more along the way. We become lighter and our true nature is less and less identified with identifications we once stuck to. We become freer and freer and have more and more experiences with our true self and less and less experiences with the 'pseudo' self.

I remember Amma once telling a story similar to this :  We are much like a man who carries a suitcase on our back running to and froe on a train car. Someone asks us: Why are you going back and forth on the train with that heavy load on your back? We hear the answer that we need to get somewhere. Little do we recognize that the train is taking us to that some place already and we can relax, put the suitcase down and let the train take us to our destination.
Such is our relationship with life and our Master.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2015 03:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: