Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Anger directed at the self.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anger directed at the self.  (Read 265 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 29, 2014 11:15 pm »

I can't remember being angry with someone since i was a kid. Perhaps it's something I have worked on from one life to another.... i hope so.

But i experience anger nevertheless.... anger with myself.... deep regret i didn't see something coming... i trusted and believed what was not true. I need to find faith in my own decisions.... that i am not gullible and believe what people tell me when it may not b true.

I believe we get to a point on the spiritual path where we no longer get angry with others but rather we recognise we have created everything. Everything we see is a reflection of our consciousness. We cannot escape our actions even though we may not understand where we planted the rotten seeds. When it is apparent that we have attracted someone or something to us it is we ourselves who have hardened our hearts and now we may see some of the results. Anger is really turned back on the creator of the results of our own actions.

The most difficult part is to forgive ourselves and to create actions which will not result in internal dissatisfaction and self inflicted anger.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2014 11:24 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
kingfisher111

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2014 03:27 am »

I've heard it said that beneath anger, there is always hurt.  So, perhaps you have been very loving to yourself this and previous, recent lives Steve.

I've been angry, caused by other who hurt me.  I think I'm still healing.  It's an ongoing journey, because when I think about the selfishness of others who hurt me, it does anger me, because I don't feel like I deserved it, and yet... the paradox is that the hurt others have caused in me, also teaches me lessons about myself that help me in the future, and through me helps others.  It is a paradox.

I more often feel angry about people not living up to what I see as their "full potential", but I have to remind myself, this is a wasteful way to focus my energy... it's better for me to focus on opening up my potential, and let this have a positive effect on those who are open to it.  Some people are not ready for change, even for a whole lifetime past a point in time...

Anger directed at the self isn't something I can really relate to.  I do accept my mistakes.  I want to help and apologize to anyone I've caused any amount of suffering to.  Anger at self seems especially unhealthy...  Or, at least it is an imbalance I do not really understand...
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2014 12:25 pm »

Anger directed at the self isn't something I can really relate to.  I do accept my mistakes.  I want to help and apologize to anyone I've caused any amount of suffering to.  Anger at self seems especially unhealthy...  Or, at least it is an imbalance I do not really understand...

I agree, unless it's something overly stupid but, again, if we did something stupid at this stage it means we should take actions not to let it happen again. Most mistakes are not too foreseeable and if we like to make ourselves armoured aginst any possibl emistakes we of course will loose opportunities.
Liek in business, potential gains are proportional to risk. The more you risk, the more you can gain.... or loose.
You do nothing, you won't loose nor gain, you'll remain in a state of stagnation.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2014 01:30 pm »

Thanks for the replies. i believe we all have things we are working on in our personalities. We shouldn't blow those things out of proportion but rather recognize them. Being aware is much of the battle. Most of us do not even recognize our self defeating behaviors. Once we see it happen... that sudden flash in our mind.... then we say... Yea i see where this is going and we learn to put a stop to it before it brings more unfortunate consequences. The main challenge is this: habit. Once u are accustomed to doing things a certain way you have to set into motion new habits.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2014 01:49 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015 01:35 pm »

I have made a reply to this post below. It is underneath the qoute below. With a little thought it's meaning will become apparent. The difficulty with responding to posts such as the one below is this; We r often a mixture of good and bad. We carry with us both beauty and ugliness and so an explanation of the present state of affairs in our lives must include the complicated chemistry we ourselves have put into motion and continue to do so with our present actions.

I've heard it said that beneath anger, there is always hurt.  So, perhaps you have been very loving to yourself this and previous, recent lives Steve.

I've been angry, caused by other who hurt me.  I think I'm still healing.  It's an ongoing journey, because when I think about the selfishness of others who hurt me, it does anger me, because I don't feel like I deserved it, and yet... the paradox is that the hurt others have caused in me, also teaches me lessons about myself that help me in the future, and through me helps others.  It is a paradox.

I more often feel angry about people not living up to what I see as their "full potential", but I have to remind myself, this is a wasteful way to focus my energy... it's better for me to focus on opening up my potential, and let this have a positive effect on those who are open to it.  Some people are not ready for change, even for a whole lifetime past a point in time...

It is not so much of a paradox when we understand that we have created everything. Even the hurt that others have 'caused us'. Just as u or i cannot remember being in our mothers womb so we have difficulty remembering before being there. Nevertheless we existed before then also and we have difficulty remembering the hurt and harm we have caused others that we may b now experiencing in some form. Say we did remember all the pain we caused others in previous existences... would it help us or would we b very discouraged when we recognized the source of and cause of the original suffering? So u see in this sense we r given a break. We r given a new chance in this chapter.... this episode.

We now have the ability to break the chains of hurt and suffering that we have created and now see it mirrored in others creating their own future hurt. We can dismiss what those who r doing to us and create our own chain of future reactions. There may b a suggestion or a time when we can let others know what they r doing to themselves. But certainly retreat in the face of those who r equally loving us is a poor solution and often that is what we do. Why? Because again we r planting new seeds of difficulties for ourselves. Suddenly at some future time we will find those who retreat from us when they r uncomfortable and yet we r actually loving to them.

So there u have it. It all comes down to us. We create the movie we see before us. So y not create beauty in the face of ugliness? Why not create healing in the face of hurt? Y not create a new world for ourselves and those we meet?

Jitendra

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2015 02:04 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: