Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

what are your beliefs on creativity and expression

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what are your beliefs on creativity and expression  (Read 405 times)
guest88
« on: Feb 10, 2015 06:33 pm »

hello my spiritual forum friends ! i like the recent uploads by little hoot and steve the third eye is looking magnificent !
i've something on my mind from the other day, i thought the chitter chatter cult would be the appropriate place... for those interested in reading, sorry if i am all over the place here...
lets see.
why do we express ?
even in silence, a personality can express very loudly
and what is the purpose of creativity and expression ?

there's something here. very close to the source. engages the soul.
sometimes i feel like i'm receiving a message from my higher self when i try to creatively rhyme. i'll speak the thoughts out loud to try and retain the wisdom. there's a communion to be found in creating and expressing.

we are not meant to keep it all contained are we Huh? or, idk.
it's hard to pick this up from yesterday. i want to learn your thoughts or belief on what expression means to you. what is the purpose of practicing creativity and expressing ? =) !!! ok back to work for this little coyote Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2015 12:53 am »

... i want to learn your thoughts or belief on what expression means to you. what is the purpose of practicing creativity and expressing ? =) !!! ok back to work for this little coyote Smiley

Some careers require more creativity than Others and some require pure creativity . Art may be more or less creative. JAzz music is very creative, classic music is very creative if you compose, much, much less so if you just play. The spiritual path seems to require very little creativity, I would be happy if you prove me wrong on this.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2015 05:42 pm »

Mccoy i understand that there r many rules to follow on the spiritual path...yet I believe each of our paths is unique in the sense that we often have to use creative ways to make our own personal contact with the divine. Nobody proved this more (to me) than Brother Bhaktananda. He definately  used creativity in his personal sadhana.

Handel said the gates of heaven opened to him when he created the Massiah. Beethoven's  ninth was, in fact, was composed around the poem "Ode To Joy" written by German poet Friedrich Schiller in 1785 and revised in 1803. The poem is a tribute to God and the wonders and joys of life. Beethoven found great inspiration in the poem which led him to write his ninth sympony around it.

This forum was created with one main aim: to bring together people with similar spiritual aspirations to help our spiritual unfoldment.

Creating has brought many spiritual revelations to me.
Once a women who was a professional psychic for the police saw me perform a song I was very inspired to write 
and she told me I did not write the song. She proceed to draw a picture of the angel/spirit that wrote the song who was standing behind me as I performed it.

Another time I was performing in Grand Rapids and a women who had automatic writing ability presented poems to me that she said she did not write but rather channeled. There were a couple of lines she let me use for a song I 'channeled' called 'Demian'

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=stevehydonus&sm=1

In many ways this song became a portrait of my life's search conveyed in word and images.

Demian was a dreamer he searched
the symbols of his life.
Each one told a story...
Revealing thoughts that formed
and then came to life.

Now the colors are blending.
Stars are mirrored in your destiny.
Is the sky gently moving?
Clouds drift by. Who can you believe?
Let the stars be your guide.

Damian held facination
at how the fog would fade
and in its place.
There would stand every outline
while the shadows sail on violet haze.

Here we are all together.
it seems our lives have crossed paths.
Where will we be tomorrow?
Still we try to be here today.

All our lives we've been searching.
Trying to find some meaning.
To this life we've been thrown in.
Clouds drift by.
Let the Master of the Mystery...
be your guide...

So yes... for me creativity was part of God's plan for us to express spirot to others and ourselves. Through creativity we find our relation and onenemy with the divine working thru us.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2015 08:27 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2015 10:30 pm »

Steve, I'm only partially convinced.

The core of this spiritual practice is 'grinding'. The tedious and repetitive (to most people) routine of sitting and practicing the techniques, HS, OM, kryia, then concentrating on the spiritual eye and on God without nothing happening (usually, barring a few occasions).
We may apply some limited creativity to enhance our routine but that's it.
There is a sense of satisfaction after meditation, deriving from teh fact that you have been able to impose your will to the body and have it stay still. Deeper achievements elude most devotees for years or lives.

One reason why the devotees of this path are few and scattered around.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2015 04:16 am »

Steve, I'm only partially convinced.

The core of this spiritual practice is 'grinding'. The tedious and repetitive (to most people) routine of sitting and practicing the techniques, HS, OM, kryia, then concentrating on the spiritual eye and on God without nothing happening (usually, barring a few occasions).
We may apply some limited creativity to enhance our routine but that's it.
There is a sense of satisfaction after meditation, deriving from teh fact that you have been able to impose your will to the body and have it stay still. Deeper achievements elude most devotees for years or lives.

One reason why the devotees of this path are few and scattered around.

i sincerely apologize to you if I am acting like I know. What i am about to say are only personal observations.
What i find about myself and others is that we are spiritually dead. We r the gratefull dead. I say this because we have been living externally for so many lifetimes that we cannot even recognize the sweet sanities of spiritual awakening within us and without us as they occur. Yet in our memory bank most of us can recall moments of awakening and/or miraculous occurances that inspired us to have faith thru our lives to continue in our practice. We are also challenged to use our creativity to see beyond the grind and find the joy of giving without always getting.

In our lives we constantly use our creative imagination to acquire those things in the world we would like to have. It takes us sometime to use are creative imagination in our practice to visualize spiritual awakening in all aspects of our life and particularly in our spiritual routine we do everyday. At first we may not experience peace while meditating, or see the spiritual eye, the prana energy in the body temple, the chakras, the breath slowing down, the thoughts at peace etc. The techniques help us do this.
Still once we do experience something from spirit our faith is increased and we have to redirect our creative imagination from the world to our spiritual practice and visualize some of these spiritual experiences that the Masters tell us exist. Otherwise we will always visualize material desires and there hopeful manifestation.

I believe that since we have looked for rewards and found many dissapointments in the external world for lifetimes,
we continually find them now. Yet even thru this density of understanding we are inundated with spiritual blessings. They come thru nature, thru friends and thru the most unusual aquaintances and thru unusual destined events. God is not at all limited by our material consciousness but is able to shine even thru the dark corners of our minds with perceptions of understanding and an expanding mind and opening hearts. Even in the humility of a seeker admitting his lack of spiritual awakening i see a humbleness and determined ability that is given to me as an example to emulate. Thanks mccoy for being one of "those few and scattered devotees" who continue to show me Master is with me in my efforts. One important 'creative imagination' i have recently put into practice lately is this: he/she is with me. Most of us believe this but how real is it to us?

Steve
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2015 05:01 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2015 11:48 pm »

i believe we are all unique and experience life differently from one another.
the way we interpret our reality and the way we express in part contribute to our ever evolving personality.
i am learning, to a degree, that we are all connected amidst the extremely diverse world in which we live.
the ways which we share, verbally and non verbally reflect a lot of this creative or unique personality.
i think the spiritual path is similar. that is, many people have a different idea and path to follow but ultimately there is a connection shared.

i think creativity is a birth right and we are walking pieces of art.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2015 10:44 pm »

@ Steve: I do not know why you are apologizing for not humouring me. On the contrary, you shouldn't have humoured me because I was just expressing an aspect of the spiritual path, the less glamorous, the most tedious, which nevertheless is an important part of it .

We are also challenged to use our creativity to see beyond the grind and find the joy of giving without always getting.

Right, I agree, lol, that's creativity indeed!
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2015 10:52 pm »

i believe we are all unique and experience life differently from one another.
....i think creativity is a birth right and we are walking pieces of art.

First sentence is absolutely true
2nd sentece is true as well, although the logical link between the two parts is not very strong. Creativity is of course a birthright although not everyone can express it at the same level. But I feel that the less creative people are often better in the more tedious tasks. So what you miss on one side, sometimes you have on the other.

We are pieces of art because we reflect the artistry of the Creator and his infinite creativity. Sure enough, being able to tap the tiniest amount of it would make us masters of massive creativity.

And here, the two extremes meet. Some people may lack creativity but can be very steadfast with the tedious spiritual routine. Their skill with the tedious routine though may ultimately enable them to tap the divine creativity and gain such ability on top of the previous one.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: