Spiritual Portal
Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Population Explosion

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: kingfisher111

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (1)

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: tides2dust
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Population Explosion  (Read 639 times)
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #90 on: Nov 10, 2017 06:12 am »

Hi Steve,
It’s not hope... just observing, thinking. Think of how much we have gone through in just 100 years. Technology makes things look like we’re speeding up. Do you remember black and white television...? Now we have virtual reality and 3D printers... do you remember dial up? Now we have fiber optics. I think of the Kardashev scale

“Experts assert that, as a civilization grows larger and becomes more advanced, its energy demands will increase rapidly due to its population growth and the energy requirements of its various machines. With this in mind, the Kardashev scale was developed as a way of measuring a civilization’s technological advancement based upon how much usable energy it has at its disposal (this was originally just tied to energy available for communications, but has since been expanded).

First, it is important to note that the human race is not even on this scale yet. Since we still sustain our energy needs from dead plants and animals, here on Earth, we are a lowly Type 0 civilization (and we have a LONG way to go before being promoted to a type I civilization). Kaku tends to believe that, all things taken into consideration, we will reach Type I in 100 – 200 years time. But what does each of these categories actually stand for in literal terms?

A Type I designation is a given to species who have been able to harness all the energy that is available from a neighboring star, gathering and storing it to meet the energy demands of a growing population. This means that we would need to boost our current energy production over 100,000 times to reach this status. However, being able to harness all Earth’s energy would also mean that we could have control over all natural forces. Human beings could control volcanoes, the weather, and even earthquakes! (At least, that is the idea.) These kinds of feats are hard to believe, but compared to the advances that may still be to come, these are just basic and primitive levels of control (it’s absolutely nothing compared to the capabilities of societies with higher rankings).”
Taken from:
https://futurism.com/the-kardashev-scale-type-i-ii-iii-iv-v-civilization/

And for fun... this is a prediction just 3 centuries from now-

“Venus and Mars both have terraforming programmes underway now; the latter is home to many large cities. The Moon, too, has millions of permanent inhabitants. The gas giants and their moons are dotted with scientific stations. The Kuiper Belt is now fully probed and catalogued, as is the Oort Cloud, with mining operations harvesting an untold quantity of resources. Beyond the Oort Cloud, a huge network of telescopes is being deployed. Meanwhile, new forms of propulsion have allowed the first manned exploration of neighbouring stars, with Alpha Centauri and other systems gaining permanent settlers.”
Taken from:
http://www.futuretimeline.net/23rdcentury/23rdcentury.htm

So 600 years from now? WELL
We can only speculate ... I appreciate your concern for Mother Earth - this home however may not be “home” for future generations...

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2017 06:56 am by Red » Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: