Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 04:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Relaxation

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relaxation  (Read 1026 times)
SpiritImage

« on: Sep 17, 2015 11:31 pm »

Usually we are told that to have an active mind is good. However this business of an active mind does not help us during meditation. I believe we have to look at the topics of conversation and the issues we allow ourselves to entertain our minds with daily to begin to see where this source of restlessness originates. I think I allow myself to go on and on about some subjects and about some past experiences that serve no constructive purpose and there is little i can do to change or rectify them. The best course of action is to clear my thoughts of such useless information and raise my consciousness to higher levels of awareness in meditation so I am more effective when and if I have to face daily issues.

True, then I guess that might mean think about the now, and the self, and whatever others do or say, is really piecemeal entertainment that sit in the mind and germinates. The problem is, some of that might be useful or helpful, so you have to sift thru the garbage, which is not easy to simply discard, and some of it is very tempting to dwell on because of it's political, sexual, or other derogatory nature.

Example, was watching the debate starring Trump, and it's hard to not watch it, here we are wanting to see a possible president, but most of us tune in because of Trump. It's pitiful trash, that entire show. I would benefit more by watching the 3 stooges go plumbing.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: