Spiritual Portal
Dec 10, 2019 06:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven on Soundcloud

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Relaxation

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: kingfisher111

Views: 3
Comments (0)

Views: 8
Comments (2)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: tides2dust
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relaxation  (Read 121 times)
Shannon
« on: Jan 28, 2016 08:33 pm »

When I was a little girl, I used to imagine thoughts that did not serve me as soccer balls - then visualize an actual foot kicking the balls out of my mind.  Lol! Sometimes I would have to kick them several times, but eventually they would stay gone.  These days I sometimes employ a similar method, though the soccer balls have been replaced by doves which fly away.  If I am really brain-looping on something negative, the old lady comes out.  Think of Carol Burnette with her bucket and mop - a little old lady with a cap on her head; she comes and sweeps, sweeps, sweeps.  The sound of her broom is rhymthic, and easily falls in tune with my breathing - eventually the scene fades away. Other times, if I am physically and mentally restless, I imagine my body as a piece of paper floating on a pond.  Not sure why, but that one came from a dream and is fairly effective - for me.  I float, soak up the water but do not sink.  I am so thin and light - barely there.  I am pretty sure Yogananda doesn't teach these particular images - lol - sometimes you have to go with what works.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2016 08:38 pm by Shannon » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: