Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 12:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lessons 120 - 125

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lessons 120 - 125  (Read 555 times)
Shannon
« on: Jan 26, 2016 05:42 pm »

This rings true.  You know, it may sound quirky but I have fixated on this idea of welcoming a dog into our lives since many months now.  It is a main topic of happy discussions between the kids and I.  When I cannot sleep at night, I fantasize about this dog or puppy, and it brings me a lot of comfort.  I surf the web staring at images of animals nearby who need a home - so often I feel I could name them all, and there are hundreds.  Part of this, I am sure, is an excess of love needing a place to go.  Not saying a dog can replace a human partner but there is something a dog can offer and receive that many humans cannot; deep loyalty and unconditional love.  What could be closer to God?  I don't imagine an actual saint is planning to enter my life as a furry friend, but do feel a sort of a hand of destiny pushing one towards me in the near future.  :-). Animals who need care also force us into new places - both actively with our bodies, but internally too - just as children do.  Animals can lead us to like-minded people.  For someone like me, who often looks to serving others for a sense of Self, an animal is a healthy way to do that and also get something nourishing back - or so I imagine.  Check in with me next summer - once we are moved and can actually have a dog - and we'll see how my fantasy pans out.  Lol.  :-)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: