Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 11:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Theodicy

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theodicy  (Read 321 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Apr 26, 2015 12:14 pm »

I think that ther are many old souls who are trying to understand suffering and their soul shadow and thus shed light and understanding on it. Since many... if not most answers can be found within ourselves. However i would put this in a larger category then for instance-suffering or evil. It is the concept of theodicy. Which simply stated is the question and answers to the question of why God creates/allows suffering.

In this sense i am not minimalizing an explanation that for instance the cause is (from a Christian perspective) Satan but rather expanding an understanding of  this topic beyond religious and cultural definitions. Since it is a topic - as I see it - with much more scope then a rather simplistic explanation of one religion as for instance Christianity which gives a satanic explanation for suffering. This subject of why God allows suffering is the subject of Theodicy.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2015 12:42 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2015 01:16 pm »

In contrast to Christianity, Hinduism offers a different explanation for evil and suffering. Although I'm sure that you could find parallels between the two religions. Hinduism offers the idea of karma as an explanation for suffering in other words we have caused our own suffering by our actions in the past.  Avidya which is individual ignorance and Maya which is an illusion of all mankind. Living under the spell of avidya and maya is an answer to the question of suffering. Because if God created everything it was his intention to also have have evil, suffering and the spiritual forces that maintain it.

If we would  just wake up from the nightmare and dream we are subject to then the suffering would have no substance. It is possible to do this once we see all this life as an actual dream of God. Presumably at that point we understand that suffering and evil are merely dreams of God.

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2015 07:43 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2015 09:03 pm »

Christianity and Hinduism share the same explanation for the primary source of evil: Lucipher, or Satan, on one side, Maya, on the other. Individual intelligences whose only purpose is to perpetuate God's creation by keeping people stuck to it. The degeneration of such behaviour is evident in the news today and especially in some situations like war and so on. Sometimes we hear about incredibly evil and cruel acts.

Christianity and Hinduism like Steve says diverge dramatically as to the individual causes of evil. Specifically, on the side fo teh receiving party. In Christianity it is not clear why people receive evil. Randomly, as an opportunity to grow spiritually, as an opportunity to go to the heavens, you name it.
In hinduism peopoe receive evil simply because they attracted it. So evil received=evil caused in the past.
Hinduism resolves a huge dilemma of Christianity. We reap evil simply because we sew it in the past. No $h1t. This is a completely logical explanation which to me marks the absolute superiority of hindu philosophy over the Christian model.

We are left with the problem of why God let evil exist in the first instance. Yogananda explains that. God did not foresee the rebellion of Lucipher and his legions. when he saw his original plans goign to the pot, he dissolved the creation. but then he thought it back. He went: I gave free will to my lieutenants, so I cannot take it back, even though they abused of such free will.
He recreated the cosmos with teh same conditions at the moment of rebellion, and let the dark angels be and act.

So God is absolutely to be blamed for evil. On the other side, had he not allowed evil, there would be no free will. We would be almost puppets or robots. No evil, no sickness, no problems, a state of heavens on earth, no contrasts, at some lenght it would have probably become such a dullsville that God would have dissolved all creation pretty soon.

So, evil is a mistake of God which keeps the creation going.

Now, I believe it's very interesting to hear what Christians say about evil. Something about it in the next post

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2015 09:09 pm »

One Christian figure I admire is John Lennox, professor of mathematics at Oxford University, UK. Evidently, the subject he teaches gave him a rational approach to religious matters which I find unsurpassed. He's also very good in retorts to the usual questions posed by atheists. He's been very good in the discussions with Richard Dawkins, the world champion of atheism.

He says there are two distinct sources of evil: teh human source and the natural source (sickness, natural disasters and so on).

There is a pretty long youtube video on this, for those who have the patience, he starts at 7:00 minutes, I'm in the process of listening to him. He's real good!

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2015 09:15 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2015 09:49 pm »

Another fundamental aspect. God decided to let the schism between he and the rebel angels exist. In such a way he allowed evil to exist. At the same time though, he devised a strategy not to let us be overwhelmed by evil: he sends out to earth his emissaries. Such supernal spiritual figures, the Avatars, come here in two different contexts:

1) Spiritual Prophets: powerful spiritual engines like Christ, Babaji, Yogananda, who shed the light of spiritual truth and the way to defeat evil definitely by spiritual evolution and enlightenment.
2) Political prophets: these are political figures and rules with a concealed spiritual purpose, a God given mission, whose purpose is to defeat some ongoing grand evil scheme of Satan and its forces of evil. These are mysterious personalities, we usually do not know exactly who is a political prophet orf God-sent warrior, most often the propehts do not know that themselves. The only one I know for certain is William the Conqueror, a previous incarnation of Yogananda. When an avatar is sent out as a warrior, then it means Satans' shemes in teh earth are seriously Dangerous. So God gave free will to evil but reserved his own free will to send out remedies against extreme situations of collective evil.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2015 04:24 am »

2) Political prophets: these are political figures and rules with a concealed spiritual purpose, a God given mission, whose purpose is to defeat some ongoing grand evil scheme of Satan and its forces of evil. These are mysterious personalities, we usually do not know exactly who is a political prophet orf God-sent warrior, most often the propehts do not know that themselves. The only one I know for certain is William the Conqueror, a previous incarnation of Yogananda. When an avatar is sent out as a warrior, then it means Satans' shemes in teh earth are seriously Dangerous. So God gave free will to evil but reserved his own free will to send out remedies against extreme situations of collective evil.

i would like to think that i was brought to earth at such a time. That is the time of Lincoln (In some small way to help him.). If there was a man that was sent with a divine mission i would say he is one of them. i also believe that Obama was sent to try and stop the great differences in  wealth and poverty. In the same way Lincoln helped take away the stigma of Blacks and Whites, Obama has tried to take away the stigma of greed and poverty. i believe that Robert Kennedy (and his brothers) also had this mission but it seems like at the time the forces of evil were victorious.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2015 04:30 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2015 10:31 pm »

There are so many souls that have done great work but are nameless. These are the ones I find truly respectable and inspirational.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2015 12:09 pm »

There are so many souls that have done great work but are nameless. These are the ones I find truly respectable and inspirational.

That's very true, we can't discuss the details about them alas, since they are nameless and unknown
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: