Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 09:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pros and cons of vegan diet

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and cons of vegan diet  (Read 1849 times)
Laila

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015 11:48 pm »

Perhaps it's time to agree to disagree and leave it at that.    I don't believe in the myth that there are humane sources of dairy.   Perhaps eggs, as Steve has noted above, if you actually see with your own eyes how the chickens are treated.   Even then, I hate to say, the hatcheries where the chickens originated from ALL destroy male chicks either by suffocating or putting them in grinding machines …. alive.  It's just a sad fact.    All dairies dispose of the unwanted male calves, which are sold and raised for veal.   Even "humane" dairies do that.  It would be extremely rare to find any dairy that is willing to let all the male calves live, and look after them.

So, I'm not interested at all in finding "friendly" sources of eggs and dairy.   I don't think there is such a thing, plus I'm really happy with the way I eat now.   it's more interesting, more varied, and a whole lot healthier.    I was a vegetarian for 35 years before becoming vegan, and their is a substantial difference in how one feels.  I wish I had done it years ago.

IDF
Laila

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015 06:36 am by Laila » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: