Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 06:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pros and cons of vegan diet

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and cons of vegan diet  (Read 1859 times)
the 10 moods of dr. kook

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015 05:21 pm »

Hi McCoy …….  I guess I do sound radical to many people, but in my mind I'm not radical at all.    I just want to live as harmless a life as possible.   There are many vegans in the world today, and in my area even many raw vegans, which is something I wouldn't attempt.   They seem radical to me, but for them it's quite a natural way of life.    So I guess "radical" is kind of a subjective term.

I do a lot of animal rights petitioning, letters, etc. online and communicate with others who feel the same way as I do.   I belong to several animal welfare groups too.   There is a big sub-culture developing of people (mostly young people, I am happy to say), who are very interested in changing the way animals in the world are treated, and helping the environment.  It's an exciting thing to see and be a part of, even though I play such a small part.   

Your brunch sounds purrrrfect !    I keep a bowl full of almonds, raisins, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut chips and goji berries on the counter to nibble at.   It's an easy way to get lots of protein and other nutrients without cooking, LOL.   

IDF,
Laila

Life on the Farm

Well you have another convert on your side.  I am vegan. Although I'm happy about the eggs i just bought from a very small farm where I was shown the chickens wondering aimlessly. It looked like they had been at a big party the previous night and we're now recovering. The cows were laying down with calves apparently teaching morality to the young ones.  There were ducks nearby, 'farting' in the morning fog.

10 distinct moods
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015 05:45 pm by the 10 moods of dr. kook » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: