Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Food: What The Heck Should I Eat?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Food: What The Heck Should I Eat?  (Read 1375 times)
guest587
« Reply #90 on: Sep 03, 2023 03:31 am »

I respect that mccoy.

I continue to follow Mark Hymans advice and treat it as special because it really helped me during a time where I was mysteriously hospitalized and decided to take control of it. "Wellness Arrow" being a personal message from God.

I also agree that not all modern medicine need to be vilified- there are wonders of modern medicine to be grateful for! Just like, technology doesn't need to be scary. The fear comes from those who would exploit, damn the consequences- or worse, develop with nefarious intent. I don't feel afraid when I have proper knowledge and can see for my self. Even in the midst of malpractice. Which is why I believe this expression to be most true- it comes down to individual choice. I choose for the most part, naturopathy. Both naturopathy and allopathy are valid- and each comes with its lessons. Which is a big part of the life experience, "what its all about." Some find themselves dabbling in a little bit of both.

I kind of believe that maybe even the mRNA technology has a potential for good. It definitely needs more time though. I also believe in free energy and think technology to utilize that will be commonplace in the "golden age" that awaits us.

With regards to Mark Hyman, he is a literal life saver. It's been a game changer for me- and I no longer have to go from Dr. to Dr. following the dictates of what the insurances regulate or feel handcuffed financially and mentally to a mysterious ailment.

Let food be your medicine.

I believe in that, and the results speak for themselves. My thoughts towards your thoughts: your reasoning and temperament are balanced and justified. To each their own.

from Mark Hyman,

Food Is Medicine: Doctors Can Prescribe Food For Chronic Disease

"Our diets are the main driver of the chronic disease epidemic we are experiencing today. But food is also the most powerful medicine available to heal chronic diseases. The food we eat literally serves as information, instructions, or code that controls almost every function of the body—including our hormones, appetite, brain chemistry, immune system, gene expression, and even the microbiome.

Today on The Doctor’s Farmacy, I’m excited to talk to Mark Walker about incorporating food as medicine into the healthcare system, how we can prescribe food as physicians, and what it will mean for our nation's health and economy."
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/food-is-medicine-how-doctors-can-prescribe-food-for/id1382804627?i=1000625321167&_kx=pFwwfXPtKX0cBJezNHOAZtR3SqXVG0GOkxjGI2eUQsLS-vQsTB77BJsRj8ahxigO.HKMsXE
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: Sep 03, 2023 04:27 pm »

Eric, if you have felt better after following Hyman's suggestions, then you should keep following him, after all, he preaches moderation and is not a supporter of the carnivorous diet.

I just disagree with some of his more extreme stances, like for example eliminating all dairy products, indiscriminately. It is not what we ate in most of our evolution, but it is a mutation that might have been advantageous, and sure is advantageous to those who are not wealthy and need to avoid malnutrition (low cost and high nutritional value of dairy products).
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #92 on: Sep 07, 2023 06:15 am »

Let me know if you're interested in what he has to say about pesticides or GMO's. Here is the section on additives.

Additives

How much of what we eat doesn't qualify as food? More than is good for us. The average American child has consumed 7 and a half pounds of chemicals by the age of five. There are more than 15,000 chemicals in our food supply. Many don't have to be listed on ingredients labels, and many have never been tested for safety.

It's a scary thought: By the time we're adults, our bodies have been infiltrated by thousands of non-food substances, things never consumed before by human beings. Pounds and pounds of them. Chemical formulations with dubious scientific backing. Newly invented substances that make food easier to process, or that keep it fresher for longer, or that give it a color or taste or consistency that the manufacture believes we want. Who knows what the long-term effects will be?

The Food and Drug Administration's job is to protect us, but that doesn't always work so well. Scientist began questioning the safety of trans fats a good 50 years before they were declared not safe to eat by the FDA- a half century's worth of damage done to those of us who unknowingly ate them. Even the containers that hold our food pose a danger, because they contain phthalates and bisphenol A (BPA), which we only recently learned are dangerous.

So, what's the solution? Eat food, not food-like substances. It may not always be possible, but you need to be sure to avoid the really bad ones. The roster of food additives allowed by the government is long; it reads like a phone book. It's an eye-opener, and for most of us, completely impossible to navigate. Luckily, we have organizations looking out for us.

The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has compiled a detailed report on food additives, including a Dirty Dozen list that calls out those that pose the greatest danger to our health:

1. Nitrates and nitrites (which turn into carcinogenic nitrosamines when heated at high temperatures): Used to color, preserve, and flavor processed meats like bacon, hot dogs, and salami; a "probable" carcinogen according to the World Health Organization.

2. Potassium bromate: Found in bread and other baked goods; linked to various cancers; not allowed in food in Canada, the United Kingdom, or the European Union.

3. Propylparaben: Used in baked goods; believed to be an endocrine disruptor; also may be carcinogenic.

4. Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT): Used as a preservative in cereal and other foods; caused cancer in animal tests.

5. Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA): Similar to BHT; listed by California as a carcinogen.

6. Propyl gallate: Used in food with animal fats, like lard and sausage; may be carcinogenic.

7. Theobromine: Used in chocolate, bread, and sports drinks; in animal testing it had possible effects on reproduction and development.

8. Flavorings, natural or artificial: Even when these say "natural, they may be extracted using other chemicals that aren't listed. Any time you see a word like "flavors" or "spices," it's a cause for concern. Natural vanilla flavor comes from beavers' anal glands. Look it up if you don't believe me.

9. Artificial colorings: Associated with everything from cancer to hyperactivity in children.

10. Diacetyl: Flavoring, like the "butter" taste in microwave popcorn; has deemed hazardous for the workers in the factories where it's used.

11. Phosphates: In thousands of foods; linked to risk of cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis.

12. Aluminum additives: Such as sodium aluminum phosphate and sodium aluminum sulfate; used as stabilizers; linked to neurotoxicity.

13. Calcium propionate: A preservative used in flour that affects your gut flora and produces neurotoxins that cause ADHD and autism.

Another watchdog organization, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), also compiles a list of additives, which it categorizes variously as "safe," "cut back," "caution," "certain people should avoid," or "avoid" For the full list visit, https://cspinet.org/eating-healthy/chemical-cuisine
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #93 on: Sep 07, 2023 06:38 pm »

There's one more additive which is a chemical used in yoga mats and can be found in the bread sold at Subway. Will come back later, unless you research it and find it before me. = )
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #94 on: Sep 07, 2023 08:48 pm »

There's one more additive which is a chemical used in yoga mats and can be found in the bread sold at Subway. Will come back later, unless you research it and find it before me. = )

They used to have their whole wheat subs - when other places weren’t available…. More United Clone businesses than you can count - now they are infiltrated with white flour. I avoid the place if possible. Corporate sandwiches put independent sub shops out of business…. But I bought sandwiches at independently owned places till they didn’t exist.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2023 09:00 pm by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest587
« Reply #95 on: Sep 22, 2023 11:55 pm »

The additive is called Azodicarbonamide.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: