Spiritual Portal
Jun 21, 2019 12:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on MySpace!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Climate Change

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Climate Change  (Read 62 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2015 12:12 pm »

Unfortunately, when politics and vested interests seep into science, science itself becomes biased and looses all its credibility.

We laypeople are compelled to build our own view of the facts based on data which are often construed according to the benefits of the political groups.

Now, I myself am absolutely against the indiscriminate use of fossil fuels and absolutely favour the use of natural sources, I myself am thinking about applying photovoltaic panels on my house and producing myself my own electricity.

However, since I try to use my God-given logic, I just cannot ignore all the criticism to the supporters of AGW (anthropogenic global warming).

Such supporters appear to have lost most scientific objective balance and appear to cater undisriminately to the anti-lobbist tendencies, that is to oppose the supporters of fossil fuels just for the sake of it.

It should not be for the sake of it, it should be done with absolute objectivity.

For example, why should we go on being dependent on oil & gas coming from the middle east and Arab countries? We keep being blackmailable this way.

And keep being subject to the whims of the large distributors of energy.

We cannot try to bend scientific evidence just to fight the claims of the oil companies. Figthing the powerful lobbies must be done with intelligence.

Maybe this became a war where all farness has been lost but I would rather say that people cannot but benefit from adopting natural sources of energy, regardless of the fact whether the global warming is really caused by the anthropogenic influence or not. And, just in case that there really is a significant antrhopogenic influence, for the precautionary principle, we might as well start to adopt natural sources of energy, in such a way to minimize the impact on the economy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/climatechange/10340408/Climate-change-this-is-not-science-its-mumbo-jumbo.html
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015 12:13 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: