Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 12:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

spiritual pride

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: spiritual pride  (Read 273 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jun 10, 2015 01:28 pm »

I don't know how many of you have noticed but a lot of people that get on the spiritual path carry a lot of ego and pride along with them. Most of us do to some extent. It doesn't matter how popular we get or how much we think we are needed, we still should practice humility in the face of the spiritual attainment and service achieved and given by such people as the Masters. We are fortunate to be students of them.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015 01:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2015 06:29 pm »

It's a fine line for me, on one hand you can't let others tread on you, but at the same time be meek.

If you must be a spiritual soldier, it's not easy to come off to others in a way that they will not think you're just being egotistical. Even that statement could be misconstrued and is open for others to contradict.

Actually those who can speak well spiritual or no can find contradiction in just about any discussion.

Should we then really care what others think rather should just concentrate on our own deal?

I know the story about Yukteswar telling Yogananda to behave, or be aware of how others see you. But how can we tell others what to do when we have not perfected our own being?

And maybe we are off in our perceptions of others anyhow.

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2015 07:48 pm »

Maybe Steve was referring to the spiritual pride carried by some devotees who have obtained some degree of realization or spiritual insight.

I would like to have a reason to have such a pride. Also, my attitude is that pride in never ever granted because, no matter how good you are, there is someone who is better than you. Inevitably. Some people strut around believing they are rich but they are miserable in comparison to Bill Gates or the small bunch of the richest men in the world. And sometimes the richest ones do not even mind, often they are not even proud because to them it's matter of fact being vastly rich.

Ditto, probably, in spiritual matters.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2015 10:12 pm »

Not really sure who Steve was referring to, maybe he had a recent run in with a monk or something. Undecided

I guess I just meant that for me, I know I'm not good at perceiving others. I know others are not good at perceiving me either.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: