Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 07:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Challenges to Meditation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenges to Meditation  (Read 1857 times)
SpiritImage

« Reply #30 on: Jul 03, 2015 09:52 pm »

Still, He knew Lucifer in and out, after all, He is God.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2020 04:28 pm »

Hope your meditation has been good. I have had multiple disturbances from the outside that have challenged my practice recently so they cut short what may have been a longer meditation. Environment is an important factor.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #32 on: Oct 22, 2020 06:19 pm »

Environment does help. Quality over quantity. I just read from Being Peace, to have a dedicated breathing room. Even 10 minutes is good, if you can anchor your awareness back to the present moment. Meditation happens naturally as Gurunath says, what we're doing is concentrating. Concentration on the breath, even if just 10 minutes, is enough to have a rewarding experience.

Lately I have questioned my role with living in a house hold where our way of life is so different from one another. I love my family dearly and although have our differences, I believe it is my job to assimilate understanding while I am incarnated into this lineage. I am extremely grateful they house me or else I would be homeless. I try to serve with this understanding that they Love me. My desire is to increase understanding for my Father, who is the financial backbone of our family and drinks regularly- My Mother who is the emotional rug that people have walked upon and my Sister who is overtly fiery and takes criticism as personal attacks. The noise factor is that the TV runs 24/7 and the dogs are let out first thing in the morning, barking before the sun gets up. My room is positioned in a way that I get the brunt of their noise. I live in a neighborhood that seems to be constantly, "under construction." Even so, there's so much LOVE and beauty to be found both in my family and my community. My family has the biggest heart I know.

Understanding is Love, and once you understand someone- there is no need to debate them or try to use words to show them where you disagree. It is better to use loving action. Now my family knocks if my door is closed and speaks softly. They understand, by having time to my self, I respond better to an agitating environment. I do the same for them if I see they need time to themselves. There is a time for everything. Learning your environment and how to respond to it... It is possible to transcend your environment to be more conducive towards mindful action and overall peace felt energy. 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: