Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Homeostasis and the issue of supplements

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homeostasis and the issue of supplements  (Read 79 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« on: Sep 06, 2015 11:10 pm »

Somewhere else in this section I wrote that I tend to be against minerals and vitamins supplements. On further reasoning, I moderated my attitude and now I believe that even in supplements moderation is the Golden rule. If we really need them, we should not take too much because of homeostasis.

Homeostasis is a known fact in dietary science. It's the bodily mechanism by which surplus of a nutrient is eliminated without being used by the body, whereas a nutrient which is ingested in small relative quantities is absorbed efficiently with little waste.
Homeostasis is the inherent intelligence of the pranic energy which adjusts absorption in relation to our needs and the availability of the nutrient itself.

I've been pondering for some time about supplements. Of course they are inferior to nutrients contained in natural foods but somtimes they may be useful. Vegans for example need Cyanocobalamin or vitamin B12. Vegetarian ladies need often iron supplementation. People who eat little, vegetarians or not, may need some iron, zinc or B12.

In my case, I eat little and I hate to think constantly about which nutrients I'm ingesting and what I should eat to ensure an adequate amount of iron or zinc or B12. Above all, I may not be hungry and ensuring the adequate amount of nutrient may result in indigestion.

Bottom line: my present strategy is to use just enough supplementation not to disrupt homeostasis. I need less nutrients because I eat little and prana makes me absorb a lot. So, just as a precautionary measure, I'll take supplements but not large dosages and once every other day ore once every 2 days. In such a way I believe that the pranic balance may be kept tuned toward Greater absorption.
The serious problem of supplements megadosages is that homeostasis=pranic balance is swifted upward. We absorb less nutrients from both supplements and natural food, and natural nutrients are most probably much better than the artificial nutrients.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: