Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Astrology and Astronomy

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Astrology and Astronomy  (Read 685 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 30, 2015 02:41 am »

Also, this discussion and teh subsequent research  has made it clear to me that Sri Yukteswar practiced a from of sidereal astrology, in fact his words related by Yogananda relate the influence of the stars thru the filters of planets.

But tropical astrology is related only to the solar system, without any regard to to the farther stars. That is, only the influence of the objects within the solar system. I was actually not aware of the difference, having been my conceptual reference Sri Yukteswar.

This is an interesting fact-checking with modern science, which again proves how too often scientists are blinded by hubris. Before raising their objections, they should study and strive to understand the object of their criticism. Even as they study the most minute details of their matter of expertise.

http://www.freewillastrology.com/beauty/beauty.main346.shtml

QUESTION: Why don't astrologers consider the fact that when the Sun is in the sign of Aries, it is not really in the constellation Aries?

ANSWER: The astrological signs are not defined by, nor do they have anything to do with, the constellations you see in the sky. Approximately 2,000 years ago, when the foundations of astrological thinking were formulated, the names of the constellations happened to be paired with the astrological signs. Today, those pairings are no longer in sync: Astrological signs do not line up with the constellations in the same way they did way back then, due to the phenomena known as the precession of the equinoxes. The equinoxes move backwards, or precess, with respect to the constellations by about one degree every 72 years.

However, modern Western astrologers understand that the raw material of their work does not involve a study of distant stars. Rather, their relevant data have to do with the interweavings of the planets in our own solar system within a zone of influence defined by the relationship between the Earth and Sun. The key demarcation points in that relationship are the equinoxes, the points in time and space at which the Earth, with its tilted axis, is positioned with respect to the Sun in such a way that the length of day and night are equal. At the vernal equinox, which occurs on about March 20th of each year, the Sun enters into the sign of Aries.

This zodiac, positioned with respect to the equinoxes, is called the "tropical zodiac." Most Western astrologers, who use this system, are called tropical astrologers. There is also a zodiac based loosely on the constellations. It's called the "sidereal zodiac," and is used primarily by Vedic (or Hindu) astrologers. For an excellent discussion of the differences between sidereal and tropical astrology, and the merits of each, pick up the April/May 2002 issue of The Mountain Astrologer.

Mccoy like many other disciplines people do not fall under one category and reject all others. For many there is validity in both approaches and i use principles for both. You have never asked me though so i saw no point in going into it-the differences-what i shy away from and what i use in astrology. It is not that cut and dry you know.

Its like asking a musician what style do you play? Well some people play all jazz but there are many people who mix their styles and add classical or blues or any number of styles. Other musicians are hard pressed to explain what style they use.

The Sun is very important in our lives as the main light of the solar system. Its position with regards to the equator determines the seasons. The fixed stars are also placed in some of the western charts. Some eastern astrologers are recognizing the importance of trans-Saturn planets. We are learning from each other. Both Western and Eastern Astrology make use of the angles between the planets regardless of their ideas of the Astrological Signs which i find as one of those areas that should not be looked on with finality but rather a growing awareness. We can learn the most from our personal observations and find a system that works for us. As you may have noticed i have never said much about your astrological sign but rather your chart using other tools. There was a definite reason for that.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015 05:27 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: