Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 05:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kriya Breathing

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kriya Breathing  (Read 372 times)
SpiritImage

« on: Sep 18, 2015 07:44 pm »

Without giving away the entire technique of Kriya, I feel just the breathing part can be discussed.

A *lot* of meditative and Kriya breathing techniques involve placement of the tongue.

However, some Kriya techniques will tell you that you can breathe with mouth and nose, inhale and exhale, while trying for aww/eee.

Does anyone place the tongue in a certain spot while breathing with your mouth open?

I'm deliberately being vague since I don't want to publicly post specifics.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2015 03:06 pm »

Without giving away the entire technique of Kriya, I feel just the breathing part can be discussed.

A *lot* of meditative and Kriya breathing techniques involve placement of the tongue.

However, some Kriya techniques will tell you that you can breathe with mouth and nose, inhale and exhale, while trying for aww/eee.

Does anyone place the tongue in a certain spot while breathing with your mouth open?

I'm deliberately being vague since I don't want to publicly post specifics.

i believe the reason that Kriya is not discussed is because some kriyabans, like myself, are not qualified to discuss something we may misrepresent. i am certainly not a guru so i will leave that to a guru to discuss who is qualified. i will say this though: i believe it is difficult to practice such techniques as Kriya and the iam technique without the guidance and blessings of a guru. That is why i have sought out the personal help of Amma and Paramahansa Yogananda. Each person has his own spiritual path, Masters they follow, and ways of practicing meditation. Some people make use of the tongue in techniques like i have heard of, as for instance-- experiencing the nectar and there are other techniques that have little reference to practicing this way.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2015 03:10 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2015 07:40 pm »

For basic Kriya breathing technique proper, do you breathe with your mouth and nose, and if so, is your tongue connected to the roof of your mouth?
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2015 11:02 pm »

For basic Kriya breathing technique proper, do you breathe with your mouth and nose, and if so, is your tongue connected to the roof of your mouth?

There have been some discussions on this topic. In SRF Kriya yoga (the first kryia) the tongue remains in its natural position, it's not curled up.
I don't know about the upper kryias.

Other kryia Yoga schools teach tfrom teh beginning he curled up position typical of kechari mudra.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2015 08:03 am »

I don't mean curled up, or curled back, just making the "connection" to the roof of the mouth. Hard to explain I guess. But either way, I don't recall reading anywhere about it when breathing thru the mouth and nose, re the SRF instructions.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2015 09:16 am »

As far as I know, Kechari implies that the tip of your tongue is curled all the way back to your uvula-beginning of troath, otherwise it's not kechari. The connection to the roof of the mouth just sounds as a simplified kechari.

My hunch is that pragmatistically speaking, it makes little difference. Sitting cross-legged simplifies sitting in lotus posture and is more effective than sitting on a chair, no doubt, but the factor which governs overwhelmingly ithe effectiveness of kryia is concentration.

In engineering that's called a sensitivity analysis. You pick the ruling factor, or factors, and work on them. the secondary factors may be evaluated later but it's not Worth to worry about them first. Of course if you have a good control on the primary factor, then can you can worry about the secondary. In this case, I'm afraid I cannot help you in the curled tongue issue simply because I'm far away back, still worring about the critical issue (concentration) in the sensitivity analysis.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: