Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Inspiration: Where does inspiration come from?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inspiration: Where does inspiration come from?  (Read 628 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 14, 2009 05:47 am »

Where do you get your inspiration and what is inspiration for you?
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Lauraa49
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2009 04:31 pm »

This is interesting as I was just working on a article on this same subject. 

Creative Inspiration

Where does creative inspiration reallly come from? Is it generated from a thought,or a look,or can simply a mere word be the catalyst for it all. Is it  from our minds or a muse,or just some simple inner music at best.  What sets it off? What causes it to bubble up and spew forth like a volcano is erupting.

Is this a gift that all people have? They just haven't tapped into it's source is all. Or maybe they haven't recognized the beauty in the wit and wisdom that they hold within. Could it be buried  deep down or just laying under the skin? Waiting for that simple little thing that makes it bleed out through their skin.

For me sometimes a simple word is all it takes to cause it to erupt. When it starts flowing one thing is for sure. I need to find paper and pen pretty quick. If I don't write it down at least into crib notes, it appears to get lost. And there is no finding the same source of inspiration again. So it is then all lost, to pieces of a memory.

To be  inspired must come from the heart, to feel it to be touched  or just to be moved by  a piece are all emotions and feelings generated from there. Then to commit them  to paper an be able touch another persons heart is witt and wisdom and the mechanics of the mind that expand it till it's worthy to note. Inspiration whether derived from love or pain, humor or anger surely starts in a little bubble locked deep inside. Then the  key to it's release is found in the mind. Whether it is  wisdom or wit or buried ancient knowledge, creative inspiration must start in the heart. Isn't that where all truly great things start?

And when it erupts what should we do with it. Is it to be created and channelled in the text of a poem, a story, a painting or a song. Or expanded immensely inside of the next medication for the benefit of us all. There is no limit to how creative inspiration can be channelled. Is it in beautiful glass or the pattern you cut into your grass? Or the sweet sauce you made to spash in droplets on my plate.

Would a person explode if creativity is not let out? Could this be the true meaning of spontaneous combusion after all.  If it is not let out does it turn into dust as it atrophies?  It does not matter if it is great or just okay. What matters most is we let our hearts and our minds channell it out  for dsiplay. Let it out, set it free, it may just be the next great piece of jewelry or pottery we see. You might be surprised when creativity starts to rise and the  masterpiece starts to appear.

And all of us sensitive souls will tell you creative expression is often the way we let out all the frustration, the anger , the bitterness, the low self esteems. We hold it all in  mostly out of fear. So when it starts to flow look out. Our expression is magnified ten fold. We create with all the love and anger we have bottled up inside. So when Our bleeding starts it is often a gusher of emotion, we have set free.

Your creative inspiration may just be buried beneath that thin layer of skin  that covers the key, that is holding the door shut on your creative energy.

So let it free!!!

L.Lanham
8/09/09
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2009 09:26 pm by lauraa49 » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2016 11:16 am »

Bowl of Saki for December 11

When the artist loses himself in his art, then the art comes to life.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

One must not only be an artist; one must become art itself. Then to the one who is so absorbed in his work that he forgets himself, that capacity, that intuition, that skill will come naturally. He begins to do wonders, and his art becomes a perfect expression of what he had in mind. ...  People think that it is the artist who has made it; in reality, it is God who has perfected it. As it is God's pleasure to create the world, so it is also God's pleasure to create through pen and brush and chisel, to give life to what is lifeless.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_4_8.htm

The artist who has arrived at some perfection in his art, whatever his art may be, will come to realize that it is not he who ever achieved anything; it is someone else who came forward every time. And when the artist produces a perfect thing, he finds it difficult to imagine that it has been produced by him. He can do nothing but bow his head in humility before that unseen power and wisdom which takes his body, his heart, his brain, and his eyes as its instrument. Whenever beauty is produced in art, be it music, or poetry, or painting, or writing, or anything else, one must never think that man produced it. It is through man that God completes His creation. Thus there is nothing that is done in this world or in heaven that is not divine immanence, which is not divine creation. ...

What is art? Art is the creation of beauty in whatever form it is created. As long as an artist thinks that whatever he creates in the form of art is his own creation, and as long as he is vain about his creation, he has not learned true art. True art can only come on one condition, and that is that the artist forgets himself -- that he forgets himself in the vision of beauty. ... We are vehicles or instruments that respond. If we respond to goodness, goodness becomes our property. If we respond to evil, then evil becomes our property. If we respond to love, then love becomes our possession.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_4_3.htm

~~~ When the artist loses himself in his art, then the art comes to life.

This was such a wonderful post you took the time to give us Eric. Every time i read it i remember again who to b grateful to when we r inspired and channel little spurts of creativity.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Shannon
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016 05:18 pm »

Beautiful posts!

Everyone is creative.  Everyone.  Not everyone makes 'art', but we all make something.

That something comes from God.  For me, art is like a dance with God - or a mirror.  In our little bodies with eyes, ears, emotions and thoughts - we observe the world we live in and are 'touched' by the things around us.  Sometimes those things inspire a willingness to recreate them, or show them in a different way.  God smiles, we make a painting - that painting is God's own creation smiling back at Him.  God laughs, we right a song.  That song is God's laughter.  We see God's sunrise, we write a poem.  That poem is the twinkle in His eye.

Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2016 05:22 pm »

i just steal copy from other people...

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2016 05:38 pm »

Lol b! When I was in my poetry-writing frenzy a few years back I also read poetry - A LOT.  I bathed in it.  Ate it.  Not just classics, but all kinds - and web poetry from novices like me, too.  On occasion I would be so pleased with a particular wording or image I thought I had 'created' only to realize later that, no!  Someone else had already written almost exactly the same thing or something very, very similar.  Ha ha.  No doubt I had read whatever it was before and had simpy forgotten.  It's all good (God).
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2016 06:40 pm »

b is mostly right, it really is either ripped from someone else in one form or another, then your own version of it to make it different enough not to plagiarize.

Still Shannon is right too, it comes from God ultimately.

I know a lot of work I do I get ideas from another person(s), weave into my own needs, but in the end the finished product is God's design, not mine. I certainly do not have the chops to write the white album on my own.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: