Spiritual Portal
Mar 30, 2020 05:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Is climate change real?

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Environmental Concerns

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 9
Comments (1)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Environmental Concerns  (Read 12 times)
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Sep 29, 2015 11:20 am »

My father was a conservative republican and this is what he told me. "Son before you were born we used to be able to drive a car across Lake Michigan in the winter." Now you can boat from a pier if you would like. Winters were much harsher.

1. You can no longer swim in any of the major rivers flowing into the Great Lakes in the lower and mid regions of the state. This i know because I have lived there much of my life. 2. You no longer can see the bottom of the great Lakes as you could as a child. 3. You can see the coastal line caving in at Long Beach California because of oil rigs in the ocean. 4. There is polution all over the skies of Los Angeles and Phoenix Arizona. It often looks like a war took place on the western horizon and like dark tentacles over the mountains 5. I have swam in the Ocean and had toilet paper around my arms. 6. Many times the beaches are closed down in the small lakes of Michigan because of Ecoli. 7. The ocean waters are hazardous to swim in after rain because all the sewage from nearby flows into the ocean and chemicals used on lawns plus factory chemicals. 8. I have seen wetlands destroyed and strip malls put up in the name of progress. 9. I have seen urban sprawl destroy nature.10. I can see sute in pools of water around Lake Michigan where streams flow in. 11. I have found it more and more difficult to enjoy nature because more and more land is private property and this price of parking on state and county parks is more and more becoming prohibitive. 12. It is easy to see that fossil fuels will not last forever. If they would, why would the price of gas go from under 50 cents in my life to over four dollars? But yet people act as though there are no environmental concerns. Now imagine for a moment why I would vote for a pro-environment candidate and not one that acts like there are little or no environmental concerns.

All these are PERSONAL observations.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2015 05:31 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2015 05:46 pm »

My father was a conservative republican and this is what he told me. "Son before you were born we used to be able to drive a car across Lake Michigan in the winter." Now you can boat from a pier if you would like. Winters were much harsher.

1. You can no longer swim in any of the major rivers flowing into the Great Lakes in the lower and mid regions of the state. This i know because I have lived there much of my life. 2. You no longer can see the bottom of the great Lakes as you could as a child. 3. You can see the coastal line caving in at Long Beach California because of oil rigs in the ocean. 4. There is polution all over the skies of Los Angeles and Phoenix Arizona. It often looks like a war took place on the western horizon and like dark tentacles over the mountains 5. I have swam in the Ocean and had toilet paper around my arms. 6. Many times the beaches are closed down in the small lakes of Michigan because of Ecoli. 7. The ocean waters are hazardous to swim in after rain because all the sewage from nearby flows into the ocean and chemicals used on lawns plus factory chemicals. 8. I have seen wetlands destroyed and strip malls put up in the name of progress. 9. I have seen urban sprawl destroy nature.10. I can see sute in pools of water around Lake Michigan where streams flow in. 11. I have found it more and more difficult to enjoy nature because more and more land is private property and this price of parking on state and county parks is more and more becoming prohibitive. 12. It is easy to see that fossil fuels will not last forever. If they would, why would the price of gas go from under 50 cents in my life to over four dollars? But yet people act as though there are no environmental concerns. Now imagine for a moment why I would vote for a pro-environment candidate and not one that acts like there are little or no environmental concerns.

All these are PERSONAL observations.

Moving towards more use of solar energy and finding other ways to travel long distances in space as well as clean energy sources for our environment.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/climate-change/
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2015 05:57 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus
SpiritImage

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2015 08:28 pm »

About 3 years ago I was on a very remote chinese beach, and walked across the dry sand toward the part where the sand is wet just before the water line itself, stepped in that wet part and it was like quicksand. It covered my feet and smelled awful. If I tried to go out in the water to clean it off, I still had to truck back thru the quicksand. Turns out they just dump excess waste/oil from ships nearby, just dump it overboard. The entire beach was ruined.

We can try to clean it up here, but I'm telling you, other countries are affecting us in ways we won't be able to control.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2015 03:33 pm »

Steve, I subscribe your points above, this season they closed beaches in my place because of E. Coli and my son could not go bathing (he just loves to bathe in the sea).

Also SI is right, in that at least we have some regulations, whereas other countries like China have none.

Pollution tends to concentrate near the source though, so the effects of other countries are usually limited or very limited.

Exceptions may be radioactivity, CO2 emissions, massive air pollution and so on.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: