Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2020 02:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on MySpace!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Third Person View-Beyond Ego

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 9
Comments (1)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Person View-Beyond Ego  (Read 17 times)
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Oct 11, 2015 07:15 pm »

to integrate the powerful and magnetic force accumulated in your isolation with the pulls and strains of interaction amongst ones peers is quite the challenge yet has proven to be a rewarding and entertaining miniature experiment

am i crazy ? passionate ? determined ? willed ? none of these ?

sometimes with the flow sometimes not
the beautiful experience called life and the shedding of layers through trial observance and will
revelation and recognition

HAZAAAA
what lol
life is amazing wherever you are!

thanks for the quote
i like you and your interest mr steve
Tongue

OK BYE  Cheesy

Yes you r rite Mr. Eric it is thru encounters that we discover much of ourselves, learn and grow. i just wonder though; Do you ever find yourself growing tired of your own company for extended periods of time? It is because we r always looking for something outside of ourselves to make us happy. Even while alone we often engage ourselves in endless distractions. When we actually meet people that make us happy we find that this too is for only a limited time. The old saying familiarity breeds contempt was not just something someone spewed out. It takes much practice to find contentment and happiness in solitude. But those of us who have been in solitude for long periods of time recognize that it was for our growing. Especially if we have a spiritual practice that includes meditation. It is the time that i have spent alone in life that sometimes have produced the most results. Then when we r with people we can have a totally different perspective and we can see things more from the third person; (see mccoys' post below) That person that we have learned to make an observer when we were alone.

Many times in life we find that people come into our lives because of karmic lessons. Once the lesson is learned they disappear out of our lives. Those who r spiritually in tune with us stay around for many lives. They also know the joy of solitude and have no problems experiencing stepping into the moment with us.

To be one's best friend is an interesting subject.

Maybe I too am like that. I tend to detach from my own mind and to see myself as another person.
My own friendship though is of the challenging kind. I often criticize myself and I do not fabricate poor reasons for my flaws and weaknesses. For example, rather than comforting myself for something, I would go: "You have been such a dumbass not to avoid that, so you deserve that and that's all! Stop commiserating your sorry ass and do something constructive".
Probably, not a friend many people would love to have. But, since Yogananda said that your critics are your best friends, so at the end of the analysis I too can say I'm my own best friend.

i read this on the internet, which describes the different perspectives and what i mean by the 'third person'.

"First person", in the context of an utterance, is the speaker. In literature, first-person perspective would mean the main character would be written as "I". Visually, in first-person perspective, the view of the camera is precisely the view of the main character.

"Second person" is the listener. In literature, this means the main character is written as "you". The second-person perspective in an interactive visual medium is rare because it would be the perspective of whatever the main character was interacting with. But occasionally it has been used: for example, a certain stage of in the NES game Battletoads, where you fight with an enemy but view the action through the eyes of the enemy.

"Third person" is someone else, neither the speaker nor the listener. Neither "I" nor "you" would be used by the narrator of this story to describe the main character. Visually, third-person perspective is a view from some other place. The camera can move independently of the action of the main character or thethings around him. Or the camera can remain stationary.

The first person is to view life thru the ego. The second person view is thru caring about others and serving them; Expanding consciousness. The third person view is one of enlightened fulfillment and gives joy to those around us because we ourselves find joy and express it outwardly to everyone we come in contact with.

It is spiritually important to see life and events thru the the second person. This can develop empathy, understanding and cooperation. Without out some of these qualities we remain in a very subjective ego consciousness and all our problems appear to arise from others and the world. It seems even more important to see life and events thru the third person. Because the third person perspective gives us the view of an observer--- one who is watching and enjoying a film--- one who is entertained by the events unfolding and is not identified with them personally. This brings enlightenment to the participant who can see from a spiritual perspective. You are more able to enjoy your own company because you are the company. Whereas before you thought you were the character. You see the character that you thought you were going thru the motions.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2015 10:57 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: