Spiritual Portal
Mar 30, 2020 03:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven on Soundcloud

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Society is surely changing rapidly

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 9
Comments (1)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Society is surely changing rapidly  (Read 51 times)
SpiritImage

« on: Oct 23, 2015 09:51 pm »

One problem nowadays is people are defining things to fit their own feelings.

We are given the power to control those feelings.

If I see a beautiful woman and I'm married, do I say, well I *feel* I want to commit adultery because it *feels* right. So should I do that? I know God will love me anyway, He wants what's best for me, He gave me those feelings, etc., so doesn't matter:

God loves me, and I feel I need this, I feel He is telling me what I need, and He just wants me to feel good. He knows me, He knows what I want, and He knows what I need. I have the right to do with my body as I please, this is what feels right to me and I know God loves me anyway, so it's all good.

Of course I can define what is and what isn't sin until the end of time, but I am not the one who made the rules. God has rules, else there is no God.

Jesus did not get drunk or commit lewd behavior. He healed then said, Go and sin no more. He is not condoning anything, unlike what people nowadays seem to think.

Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2015 07:44 am »

One problem nowadays is people are defining things to fit their own feelings.

We are given the power to control those feelings.

If I see a beautiful woman and I'm married, do I say, well I *feel* I want to commit adultery because it *feels* right. So should I do that? I know God will love me anyway, He wants what's best for me, He gave me those feelings, etc., so doesn't matter:

God loves me, and I feel I need this, I feel He is telling me what I need, and He just wants me to feel good. He knows me, He knows what I want, and He knows what I need. I have the right to do with my body as I please, this is what feels right to me and I know God loves me anyway, so it's all good.

Of course I can define what is and what isn't sin until the end of time, but I am not the one who made the rules. God has rules, else there is no God.

Jesus did not get drunk or commit lewd behavior. He healed then said, Go and sin no more. He is not condoning anything, unlike what people nowadays seem to think.

Hello Jeff

U have a strong sense of morality. Sometimes i think i am amoral. i do not disagree with u just have no strong opinions about such things. For me it is basically.... Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Be kind to others do not hurt them. That would be my moral code.

i definitely respect your views though. i can say that. i do believe we all have morals or standards of behavior... i just find that what is moral in one situation might not b the same in another. Rules r made to b broken and don't  work in every situation. i have found that I have been to moralistic in the past at other times not enough. It is a topic of much consideration when having relationships with those around us thus it becomes important to spiritual awareness.

It is an eye-opener and much can b said on this topic. Y? Because when we go thru life we find that circumstances with others both personally and socially bring behavioral issues associated with morals to the fore. We then find ourselves often at odds with others on such issues. We may find we have to reckon with the values of others. These situations bring subtle or major changes in our own views and ways of handling life as we learn to b sensitive to the moral values of others who come into our life..... for various karmic reasons.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2015 04:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2015 11:26 pm »

My first thought was: does that reasoning consider the thoughts of the beautiful woman? She may not be interested in the first instance so it would remain a theoretical moral game.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2015 10:37 am »

My first thought was: does that reasoning consider the thoughts of the beautiful woman? She may not be interested in the first instance so it would remain a theoretical moral game.

It seems to me that for the most part morality is a theoretical phenomena. Rarely are we faced with such issues. We often live in our heads and when issues manifest we often do not act rationally anyhow but according to momentary considerations. The rational could just as easily b; something doesn't 'feel' right.... so I am not going to get involved this way. A whole set of social and religious  views may condition behavior to not act at all.

It is difficult to hear the voice of conscious when ceaseless thoughts r influencing our lives. We learn more about morality from that inner voice within then all the preaching and rules thrust at us from outside.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2015 10:57 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus
SpiritImage

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2015 11:10 pm »

Welllll, I was speaking as an example, also depending on your game yes it may not happen  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2015 12:56 am »

it also depends on where on earth you're describing

this rapid change isn't as rapid in other places on earth
Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
SpiritImage

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2015 06:58 pm »

it also depends on where on earth you're describing

this rapid change isn't as rapid in other places on earth

True, it's only places that I have physically been to, don't know about anywhere else.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: