Spiritual Portal
Mar 30, 2020 05:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on CD Baby!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Rome

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 9
Comments (1)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome  (Read 38 times)
SpiritImage

« on: Oct 28, 2015 04:14 am »

There are many theories given why Rome fell. Christianity being one of them. However I think that is not the main reason. I think one of the main reasons is there were no sexuality laws, anything goes, same with arena style killings. Lack of morals. Therefore I believe other problems became manifest. It's funny that while the catholic/christian church gets reamed a lot, they were the ones who tried to introduce behavioural concepts.

Again I feel society is reverting backwards.

IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2015 11:46 pm »

The moral issue is one of the obstensible causes of the fall of Rome.

Historians like to offer other explanations, sure enough the Roman empire reached its maximum potential, evidently there is a limit to how vast an empire can become in a given historical period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_the_Western_Roman_Empire
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2015 02:45 am »

I had to look up obstensible  Angry

Yes it could be obstensible, but not to me.

For that matter a lot of beliefs we share are obstensible, depending on who you ask.

I just don't think for me personally I would be able to advance spiritually if I engaged in the sexual behaviors they supposedly were involved in. The list is fairly long.
Report Spam   Logged
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2015 12:54 am »

what are you thoughts for the future of the US

what about other countries?

give a look at www.futuretimeline.net it's pretty fun  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2015 12:21 am »

I just don't think for me personally I would be able to advance spiritually if I engaged in the sexual behaviors they supposedly were involved in. The list is fairly long.

Moral debasement was sure widespread, there were other aspects though which are rarely discussed about late Roman society, such as those impersonated by the emperor Marcus Aurelius, successful general and stoic philosopher, very stern, morally irreprehensible, so much against vacuity that he was almost hated in court. I think rome went on as far as there were enough Marcuses Aureliuses around. Sure they were overwhelmed later on.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2015 06:48 pm »

what are you thoughts for the future of the US

I dunno, but I do know that you can't be the top dog forever.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2015 06:56 pm »

Moral debasement was sure widespread, there were other aspects though which are rarely discussed about late Roman society, such as those impersonated by the emperor Marcus Aurelius, successful general and stoic philosopher, very stern, morally irreprehensible, so much against vacuity that he was almost hated in court. I think rome went on as far as there were enough Marcuses Aureliuses around. Sure they were overwhelmed later on.

Long history and stories about Marcus Aurelius isn't there?
Report Spam   Logged
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2015 02:14 am »

Listen Honey Pie ya get some of  that there 20 mule team Borax and just a scrub  the bottom of yo toes and da palm of yo fingies and y'all will be free from yo moral decay. Ya got a know the Lord and get down on yo hands and knees and pray. I'll be with ya sonny. Don't y'all worry now ya hear?
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2015 08:12 pm »

Listen Honey Pie ya get some of  that there 20 mule team Borax and just a scrub  the bottom of yo toes and da palm of yo fingies and y'all will be free from yo moral decay. Ya got a know the Lord and get down on yo hands and knees and pray. I'll be with ya sonny. Don't y'all worry now ya hear?

If you read a tad closer you'll see we were not the ones suffering from moral decay. But if I ever do, I'm betting your method will never work.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2015 08:14 pm »

If you read a tad closer you'll see we were not the ones suffering from moral decay. But if I ever do, I'm betting your method will never work.

That is hilarious Jeff!
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: