Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 04:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Xmas insight

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xmas insight  (Read 521 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« on: Dec 25, 2015 02:14 pm »

I called this Xmas insight because it's just that, this morning I was running on the beach and ruminating on life in general and spiritual life and difficulties in particular.

Specifically, my thought went to great, huge talents, like Dalì or Picasso or Van Gogh in painting, Fitzgerald in writing, Mozart or McCoy Tyner or volodos in music, Perelman in mathematics, Gates and Jobs in IT and so on.

They are all individuals whose lives have been focused, incarnation after incarnation, on a specific purpose, pursuing the target of technical excellence and genial intuition throughout history.

The exact correspondent of such individuals who pursued wordly goals are the great Avatars and saints in the spiritual field. They relentlessly pursued, thru the centuries, their one minded dedication to seeking Truth and the absolute spirit.

Now, let's think how difficult (actually, short of  impossible) is to become like the great talents and geniuses of the wordly arena.
Similar difficulties are encountered to become one of the illuminated souls.

Bottom line, if we still are modest souls, do no let's discouraged, I do not get discouraged if I'm not able to solve a millennium problem like Grigori Perelman did, or if I'm not able to play like McCoy Tyner or if I couldn't get as rich as Warren Buffet.

Likewise, I don't get discouraged if I don't have the powers of St. Padre Pio or the spiritual stature of Yogananda, Amma or the other great saints. I simply trudge along trying to do my best with the world ever trying to impinge.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015 02:16 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2015 11:23 pm »

I called this Xmas insight because it's just that, this morning I was running on the beach and ruminating on life in general and spiritual life and difficulties in particular.

Specifically, my thought went to great, huge talents, like Dalì or Picasso or Van Gogh in painting, Fitzgerald in writing, Mozart or McCoy Tyner or volodos in music, Perelman in mathematics, Gates and Jobs in IT and so on.

They are all individuals whose lives have been focused, incarnation after incarnation, on a specific purpose, pursuing the target of technical excellence and genial intuition throughout history.

The exact correspondent of such individuals who pursued wordly goals are the great Avatars and saints in the spiritual field. They relentlessly pursued, thru the centuries, their one minded dedication to seeking Truth and the absolute spirit.

Now, let's think how difficult (actually, short of  impossible) is to become like the great talents and geniuses of the wordly arena.

Bottom line, if we still are modest souls, do no let's discouraged, I do not get discouraged if I'm not able to solve a millennium problem like Grigori Perelman did, or if I'm not able to play like McCoy Tyner or if I couldn't get as rich as Warren Buffet.

Likewise, I don't get discouraged if I don't have the powers of St. Padre Pio or the spiritual stature of Yogananda, Amma or the other great saints. I simply trudge along trying to do my best with the world ever trying to impinge.

Keep trudging mccoy your buddies are close behind! You're fortunate to have the beach... i have a big park with streams and places to meditate in the woods. I'm going to go jogging there and set in the beauty of nature and pray for you and friends here at spiritual portal.

One point that comes to mind here is that you are mentioning people in the top of their field. I believe we often do this and fail to recognize we are making progress in our individual efforts. Over the years I have found this to be necessary. That is to be kind to ourselves and others in our individual efforts and achievements---Recognizing that 'Rome wasn't conquered in a day.'
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2015 10:24 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2015 03:16 pm »

One point that comes to mind here is that you are mentioning people in the top of their field. I believe we often do this and fail to recognize we are making progress in our individual efforts. Over the years I have found this to be necessary. That is to be kind to ourselves and others in our individual efforts and achievements---Recognizing that 'Rome wasn't conquered in a day.'

Absolutely so! About 10 years ago I strove to improvise jazz music like McCoy Tyner or the late Mulgrew Miller, of course not being able to do so, since they are born talents in that field. I Got discouraged and quit.
I started again last year, forgetting about emulating the top cats, just choosing the Tunes and style I'm enjoying best at the moment, and i'm actually improvising better now than before.
Rome wasn't conquered in one day, not in a week, nor in a month. the top of their fields have developed their abilities in centuries of practice so, definitely we don't want to compare our situation to theirs.
Ot better, we want to compare ourselves to the top guys as a means to gain a right perspective. It's hard to develop pride wqhen you look at the very best ones.
Whenever I coem across soem guy who emanates vibrations of pride for having made money, my mind invariably thinks about Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and the other really rich guys. N ext tiem aroudn I'm going straight to tell'em. You are not rich, you are a miserable man  in comparison to Bill Gates. Maybe they'll hate me, but I'm curious to watch their reactions.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2015 03:25 pm »

Keep trudging mccoy your buddies are close behind! You're fortunate to have the beach... i have a big park with streams and places to meditate in the woods. I'm going to go jogging there and set in the beauty of nature and pray for you and friends here at spiritual portal.

The beach is great for running, level, soft reaction knees-friendly, under a full moon it's just awesome.
It's not good for meditation though, since it lacks secluded areas and your park is probably best.
Unless I'm going to try with a camping chair by night. I might just do that, by night it's deserted.
Thanks for the prayers, I'll try and reciprocate them.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2015 11:24 am »

I think many times we create a 'worship cult' around such people instead of making an effort and finding what their path and secret was to such greatness. For instance we have been taught by Paramahansa Yogananda that such genius  lies in the ability to focus  and concentrate. Often these priceless pearls of wisdom and fruits of creativity are a product of tuning into the ephemeral, incorporeal and nebulous aspects of reality.

I do think that you were inspired to make such observations on Christmas and hope not to take away from those inspirations mccoy. I just wanted to add to them. You see I myself must take the blame for 'cult worship.'  Because I certainly spent a lot of my life emulating others. Perhaps I am just becoming more aware of it.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2015 07:58 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2015 06:35 pm »

some of these people had to endure tremendous sacrifices, including to their own well being and spirituality.

all that glitters is not gold

greatness is in the eye of the beholder

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2016 11:04 pm »

Steve, every suggestion to become like those guys is welcome, LOL.

You're right about focus, these people were extremely focused, and right now I remember Yogananda writing that this often caused them to be forgetful about wordly matters and things.

Focus is surely a vital ingredient and I've experienced its power in some instances. The geniuses though have applied focus incarnation after incarnations for centuries.

Like EricB writes, they must have suffered at times as misfits, when they could not cultivate their specialty.

The lifetimes of application of extreme focus evidently are able to interact with the brain in such a way to make it a channel to draw from the causal world, tapping details of God's blueprint of creation, or to draw unusual creative expressions in art.

Now Steve, you see how a chain of thoughts develops: my first thought, your add-on, my further thought based on your add-on.

This led to a novel aspect which I never found cited before: focus as a means to enable the brain to be a channel of the real Power. The mind retains the ability after reincarnations.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2016 11:05 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2016 07:38 pm »

Steve, every suggestion to become like those guys is welcome, LOL.

You're right about focus, these people were extremely focused, and right now I remember Yogananda writing that this often caused them to be forgetful about wordly matters and things.

Focus is surely a vital ingredient and I've experienced its power in some instances. The geniuses though have applied focus incarnation after incarnations for centuries.

Like EricB writes, they must have suffered at times as misfits, when they could not cultivate their specialty.

The lifetimes of application of extreme focus evidently are able to interact with the brain in such a way to make it a channel to draw from the causal world, tapping details of God's blueprint of creation, or to draw unusual creative expressions in art.

Now Steve, you see how a chain of thoughts develops: my first thought, your add-on, my further thought based on your add-on.

This led to a novel aspect which I never found cited before: focus as a means to enable the brain to be a channel of the real Power. The mind retains the ability after reincarnations.

Isn't the reason behind the season? I mean they cannot cultivate their specialty as mccoy has pointed out because they are considered misfits in their outlook. Until of course general society finally recognizes their contribution. At that point they are called geniuses. Still separated, in a sense, from society. Because... they stand out. Once we find our unique destiny we no longer can follow the common raod. We must forge ahead with our vision until it is eventually realized.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2016 07:41 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Dumpster

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2016 01:15 pm »

Mr. Mccoy

I have my own fortune this xmas. I hit treasure! The dumpsters were full to the hilt so I gained extra pounds this season. People just didn't know how to handle their left overs this season. I had the best  pineapple upside down cake and inside out pizza!
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2016 02:11 pm »

Mr. Mccoy
I have my own fortune this xmas. I hit treasure! The dumpsters were full to the hilt so I gained extra pounds this season. People just didn't know how to handle their left overs this season. I had the best  pineapple upside down cake and inside out pizza!

Mr dumpster,
I can very much appreciate how the abundance was a very pleasant in-sight. A Xmas in-sight to be precise.
H
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: