Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Vulnerability

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Vulnerability  (Read 1729 times)
Shannon
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2016 01:29 am »

Thanks Steve.  See, communication like this helps me to understand better, too. 

I am no expert, but it seems to me one of the main reasons we come to this beautiful planet is to understand ourselves better.  "Know thyself." It's one of the prime directives from God! To do this, we need contrast - other people; not so they can pass us their knowledge, but so we may learn who we are (and who we wish to become) for ourselves by way of contrast - through observation and comprehension.  Growth.  It has to come from deep inside - not outside.  By getting to know each other over time, we learn more about the other - but the real prize is we may see parts of ourselves we could not before. That is the beauty of relationships.  We are crystals shining God's light and love, but we are also mirrors reflecting the best and worst parts of those who observe us - and they reflect ours.  Does that make sense?  In this way, yeah - I am helping!  I help just by existing, getting out of bed each day - showing up - speaking up sometimes.  You are helping in this way, too.  That is oversimplifying, but sometimes you have to break things down to the tiniest thing to grasp what is really true and what is just window dressing.  So, when one sees relationships in this light - it isn't so much about e-mail vs the phone, or growing an internet community, or who gives  and who takes exactly what and when and why and what it all means and if it is perfectly balanced, etc.  I mean, those things are important - but it's more about the connection and vision.  If we can only connect with people who do very specific things, or who think in very specific ways, then we know we need to grow.  I suspect you are an open minded person.  I am, too.  We have that in common.  But there are oceans of differences beyond that.  If we can struggle through communication, we might grow.  As I've said before, only God can really know a person; but the rest of us can learn a lot from each other by accepting the fact that we don't know much. Lol. Also, asking questions and listening helps.  Being clear.  Okay, did any of that make sense?  Sorry it is so long - I had not the time to make it short. Finally, as I said, I am no expert.  This is where I am at currently in my thought process, all of it subject to change and/or totally erroneous.  Peace to you.  You have done a lovely thing by creating this space for people to come and share. You can be proud of it.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: