Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 02:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Meditation Nite/Photos/mccoy/hydonus

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Meditation Nite/Photos/mccoy/hydonus  (Read 2369 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: Jun 20, 2016 01:01 pm »

Do you buy these just for personal use? And here I thought you were just a pencil pusher.

SI, you guessed correctly in that I'm basically a pencil, or paper pusher. Part of my job though, to answer to Steve's enquiries, is to check on the field some characteristics of rigs financed by the state.
The government agency which employs me will pay 65% of the cost of those rigs (with a max support of 150K US$) if the employer can prove a specific working hazard has been improved. In the above cases, whole body vibrations at the driver's seat turned out to be lower in the new rig with respect to the old one, hence the government, thru our technical bureau, approved the funding. I check that things are regular (there are no frauds) and carry out vibration or noise measurements. New rigs turn out to be pretty much comfy.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2016 07:08 am »

SI, you guessed correctly in that I'm basically a pencil, or paper pusher. Part of my job though, to answer to Steve's enquiries, is to check on the field some characteristics of rigs financed by the state.
The government agency which employs me will pay 65% of the cost of those rigs (with a max support of 150K US$) if the employer can prove a specific working hazard has been improved. In the above cases, whole body vibrations at the driver's seat turned out to be lower in the new rig with respect to the old one, hence the government, thru our technical bureau, approved the funding. I check that things are regular (there are no frauds) and carry out vibration or noise measurements. New rigs turn out to be pretty much comfy.

So help me understand, the italian government will pay 65% of the bill for expensive machinery, if the rig it's replacing has a "health hazard" of whole body vibration? How can that possibly be determined to be too much based on who's body being vibrated? There must be guidelines on how to operate equipment safely, example, you wouldn't want to run a jackhammer for a couple hours straight with no break. Must've been from a complaint or a hospital bill? It just reminds me of how when I worked for the state how cash was being handled.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2016 10:24 pm »

SI, this strategy has started out a few years ago to reward the companies who improve the health & safety conditions at work. Of course the funding is limited, so there is a struggle for it, whose 1st step is speed in sending the electronic request online at a fixed deadline. The winners are determined within a 10-seconds interval from the opening of the server.
The funding is limited to a max of about 150000 US$ and may be bestowed to any technically consistent project: improving vibrations, noise, exposure to airborne chemicals, safety and so on.
In the cited vibrations case, there are standards ruling the whole aspect. The company must measure Whole body vibrations at the driver's seat, according to specific standards, in the old machine. The same must be done in the new machine and must be lower than the old one. I go and carry out an independent measurement to check that the company is not cheating. If everything is all right, the government agency will refund the company 65% of the bill . The latest place where I went was a limestone quarry, pretty dusty, prosaic and unglamorous. But I'm far more interested in a dusty, stony quarry than in watching TV shows or watching soccer matches.

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016 10:30 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2016 11:10 pm »

Sometimes I go and work in more poetical places than the overly prosaic quarries. Like this on top of a small mountain basin.
Although, to tell the truth, there is a big quarry opposite this view.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016 11:14 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #34 on: Jun 26, 2016 12:55 am »

And what's the name of that little town?
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #35 on: Jun 26, 2016 09:02 am »

hello mccoy !

Your pictures look amazing. Ty for sharing.

It seems you have quite a talent as well.

Cheers!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #36 on: Jun 26, 2016 06:49 pm »

There r many wild flowers in the foreground and quite a view in the background. i can only imagine that there would b many nice places to meditate there if there r not abusive people who believe it is their land and u should keep off. (some people think the sky above them is their's as well.) It helps to have a visual view of where u live mccoy. i may never get there this life but we have virtual reality today in some of our technology. it is a wonder that brings people together and also it has separated those who cannot or will not adapt to it. Although your pictures r not yet three-dimensional graphics, it may come to that point soon. It is wonderful that u have found a way to use your observational skills to serve your country and have been blessed to b given a chance to do it.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2016 07:00 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: Jun 27, 2016 12:06 am »

SI, it's called 'Cagnano Amiterno', very unlikely you've heard about it before
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: Jun 27, 2016 12:19 am »

I'm glad you guys like this kind of pics, actually I have a load of'em, usually places where I carried out geotechnical investigations.
Those are pretty far away from the place where I live, a couple of hours driving. This is another one from the bottom of teh valley previously displayed. Steve, the places higher up are very good to meditate, they usually are nto private porperty so you can meditate there as long as you wish.

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016 12:21 am by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2016 12:25 am »

More on their way: a quaint village in an isolated area. Those are pics to be used in technical reports, not artistic ones but they give an idea of the urban environment

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016 12:28 am by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: Jun 27, 2016 12:35 am »

I'm just randomly picking from the lot

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: Jun 27, 2016 12:46 am »

Last batch for tonight. Some pics are attractive in their uglyness.

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016 12:50 am by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #42 on: Jun 27, 2016 05:19 am »

I'm just randomly picking from the lot

Happy ☺ to see u r sharing so much with us about your life in Italy.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SI

« Reply #43 on: Jun 28, 2016 07:29 am »

SI, it's called 'Cagnano Amiterno', very unlikely you've heard about it before

Now I have. Will be visiting Italy next year I think, who knows, maybe I'll retire in a town like this.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: Jun 28, 2016 10:57 pm »

SI, to call it town is a gross overestimation. 'Mountain village' would be more pertinent. There are of course prettier places, in my region and above all in Tuscany, although out there prices by now are unaffordable with the possible exception of celebrities.

Actually my region was a very poor place (many immigrants in America are from Abruzzo) , so villages tend to be uglish. The mountain town where I work, which was pretty, has been destroyed by an earthquake in 2009.
Also, let me know if you need any tips about places, and if you come nearby we can go out and get drunk together. lol. With freshly squeezed fruit juices of course.
Probably the best small town is Pescocostanzo, this is a nice picture gallery on youtube.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/budoFIoNYUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By the way, anyone knows how to embed youtube vids in this forum?
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2016 11:04 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: