Spiritual Portal
Mar 30, 2020 04:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on CD Baby!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ben Carson

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 9
Comments (1)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Carson  (Read 15 times)
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Mar 25, 2016 06:07 pm »

I know I should probably watch my mind in meditation more than watching movies, however uplifting. But I am curious. What are some of y'alls favorite movies?

Brock, I'd say that watching uplifting films is a form of tuning into some positive vibes, so it's not a reprehensible or deplorable activity by any means.

After reaching mature age, I can say I have no favourite movies. They all carry flaws and are more or less blameworthy. Even the religious films I saw, were not able to underline true spiritual experiences (not that it is an easy thing).

Now I'm going to switch myself off  my discontented mode.

I like films when they are challenging and original and educational and coherent with themselves. I do not know many religious films but the usual ones on the life of Jesus.

The last one I saw which was positive and educational is based on the life of Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon now running for presidency. It's freely downloadable or viewable on youtube.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/view-crew-hammers-ben-carson-over-trump-endorsement-172317361.html

While i do see that Ben Carson has a peaceful demeanor (after all he was a neurosurgeon)---he talks of people being dependent on the government but fails to acknowledge the fact that according to Bernie Sanders 20 families in the United States own 50% of the wealth. This has gone beyond even an oligarchy and looks much like a monarchy. How else can we control such power held within such a small group of people without government regulations and limits to having so much power over other peoples lives and resources? He is asked the question who is most likely to oppose the ruling class. Ben spoke of Trump being able to do this. Ben was answered; "He is the ruling class" (speaking of Trump who Carson endorses.) Ben speaks of us going from a "can do to a what can you do for me nation." But he fails to address the situation that just a few people in this nation are getting its fullest economic benefits. They (the wealthiest less then 1%) classify as a-- What else can I take from you the people since We (the wealthy) already have most of it and what else can you do for us as we pay you slave labor, cut your benefits and own everything you need?
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2016 07:37 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus
SI

« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2016 04:04 am »

Sanders was in town today, first time I saw him since it was on TV at work.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2016 01:22 pm »

Ben Carson is a very smart and educated guy, we should understand that he views the world as filtered by his affiliance to Christian fundamentalism, which apparently brings about a pretty radical conservative view. This is my feeling.
He had a difficult boyhood in a single-mother family who just struggled to let her sons go to school. Yet now he is supporting a very rich man who doesn't know what poverty is. Unless Trump had a difficult boyhood as well.

Is there a list around of those 20 families who are ruling America?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: