Spiritual Portal
Mar 30, 2020 03:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Is climate change real?

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

being reactive vs proactive

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 9
Comments (1)

Views: 5
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: being reactive vs proactive  (Read 44 times)
tides2dust
Administrator

« on: Apr 13, 2016 08:55 pm »

the MCR-1 bacteria

http://www.dw.com/en/scientists-discover-new-antibiotic-resistant-gene-mcr-1-in-china/a-18861469
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2016 07:51 pm by dragonpie » Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2016 08:01 pm »

"Polymyxins remain the last line of defense against antibiotic-resistant Gram-negative bacteria. Now, researchers report that a gene that confers resistance to these drugs is found in a growing number of bacteria from meat samples in China — and from some hospital patients. More worrying is that the gene, mcr-1, is found on small pieces of DNA called plasmids that easily spread between bacteria.

The researchers found that in 2011, more than 5% of Escherichia coli isolates from retail chicken and pork meat from China tested positive for the colistin (polymyxin E) resistance gene mcr-1. By November 2014, the last date for which data are available, the percentage of positive isolates had increased to approximately 25%.

Thus, not only have microbes now achieved resistance to polymyxin, but the resistance is spreading quickly. The rapid spread is a result of the fact that mcr-1 is not located on the chromosome, as has been the case for previously identified polymyxin-resistant genes, but is found on plasmids that bacteria exchange regularly."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/854711
Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
SI

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2016 09:53 pm »

As far as I can tell, it appears you're OK if you do not eat meat, or meat by products. I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2016 09:54 pm by SI » Report Spam   Logged
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2016 10:28 pm »

It's not uncommon for a bug to be contagious. If that becomes the case, I don't think anyone is OK.

Aside from a spiritual belief(compassion for all living beings), going vegan may be for more selfish reasons- preservation.

We're animals too . .

This video, for me, is not meant to be a scare but another serious wake up call. It's sad though, when you've seen the cruelty and the awful conditions/treament of the animals that suffer from our meat industry and yet you still choose to eat meat... Then you see something like this and think, now that MY life is on the line being vegan doesn't look so bad.

Horrendous and I'm a part of that group. There's a lot of suffering in this world and in most cases we're the reason for it.

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm by dragonpie » Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2016 03:38 am »

Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
b
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2016 01:58 pm »

Thanks for the info Dragonpie. Don't you work in a hospital?
Report Spam   Logged
Frenchies Off Beat

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2016 06:41 pm »

Thanks for the info Dragonpie. Don't you work in a hospital?

Dragonpie recently joined us on a mission back to Razaldorf. He is handling foreign affairs for an evolved civilization in the custard pie constellation.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016 06:48 pm by Frenchies Off Beat » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2016 12:30 pm »

Dragonpie recently joined us on a mission back to Razaldorf. He is handling foreign affairs for an evolved civilization in the custard pie constellation.

So maybe it was dragonpie himself who introduced the antibiotic resistant bacteria on earth?

but I've been aware of what he is clearly expounding here for many years, at least rumours are circulating, not outpsoken dicussions, lest the population suddenly decides to go vegan and the meat industry is ruined.

Anyway, I take it that bacteria are not resistant to heat, so it is enough to eat meat well done. Many like it rare though. another source of contamination might be the handling of raw meat.

But th emost worrying development of course is that, by the mentioned interactions, antibiotic resistant bacteria are going to propagate everywhere in living environments. They can be particularly obnoxious or deadly in hospitals.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: