Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Dimensions of Reality

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dimensions of Reality  (Read 638 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Apr 24, 2016 06:02 pm »

http://www.universetoday.com/48619/a-universe-of-10-dimensions/

i have found that exploring other dimensions of reality takes contemplation and time to assimilate so i included this article to understand the dimensions of reality that physicists have offered. However the spiritual dimensions that i have previously discussed in many other threads is a somewhat different matter. Paramahansa Yogananda spoke of the material, astral and causal dimensions of the spiritual realms. Paramahasa Yogananda  has explained in the SRF lessons that many people on earth have glimpses into the astral realm and may see and hear things from that realm. i believe that i often have heard astral music and i have met people who have been close to me who could 'see' astral realities. These people were quite obviously in tune to other dimensions of reality and it was borne out in the fact that their experiences with alternate realities had a corresponding connection with the physical dimension in which we find ourselves. How these fit in with the dimensions of reality that physicists speak of is a matter of conjecture and possibilities... if they do at all. It is an interesting thought though because Paramahansa Yogananda did make correlations between science and spirituality in his book the Autobiography of a Yogi.

In this link there is mention of higher dimensions in which one could go into the past or forward into the future. It seems like that's what happened to me when i saw a 'vision' of the past. 'In the sixth, we would see a plane of possible worlds, where we could compare and position all the possible universes that start with the same initial conditions as this one (i.e. the Big Bang). In theory, if you could master the fifth and sixth dimension, you could travel back in time or go to different futures.'
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016 10:31 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2016 12:09 am »

Steve, I believe that the 10 (or sometimes 11) dimensions of the string theory unfold in the phsical realm, whereas the dimensions cited by Yogananda are metaphysical dimensions.

Within each of the metaphysical dimensions we may have dimensions within the dimension itself.

Within the physical dimension we have the classical 3 dimensions, the relativistic fourth dimension (time) and the new hypothetical 10 dimensions (string theory, still all unproved).

What's within the astral dimension is just guesswork. I'd say the same 4 dimensions as in the physical reality and probably some more.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2016 05:31 am »

Steve, I believe that the 10 (or sometimes 11) dimensions of the string theory unfold in the phsical realm, whereas the dimensions cited by Yogananda are metaphysical dimensions.

Within each of the metaphysical dimensions we may have dimensions within the dimension itself.

Within the physical dimension we have the classical 3 dimensions, the relativistic fourth dimension (time) and the new hypothetical 10 dimensions (string theory, still all unproved).

What's within the astral dimension is just guesswork. I'd say the same 4 dimensions as in the physical reality and probably some more.

Isn't truth the same though wherever you find it? i mean would there be a separate truth for physics independent of metaphysics? Yogananda likened Einstiens relativity to a yogi fulfilling the laws of physics by becoming light itself  and thus having infinite qualities.
This is not a point of contention mccoy but rather a search for the truth and light in which people take and share their findings and experiences to help each other along the way. First of all you speak of the 10 dimensions of the string theory. Let us remember that 4 of those dimensions are already accepted and are not hypothetical but rather verified through countless observations. When we get into the 5th and 6th dimensions we must ask ourselves have we or anyone that we know experienced such dimensions that we know of? This means that there would be the possibility of other decisions that would have caused a whole different pattern of circumstances as possible realities. Are these entertained in the mind only? Or are they really possibilities that have a reality of their own? For instance if your mother and father had not met you would not have been here and a whole separate reality would have happened.

"The masters who are able to materialize and dematerialize their bodies or any other object, and to move with the velocity of light, and to utilize the creative light-rays in bringing into instant visibility any physical manifestation, have fulfilled the necessary Einsteinian condition: their mass is infinite." ~ Paramahansa Yogananda

"There are many astral planets, teeming with astral beings," Master began. "The inhabitants use astral planes, or masses of light, to travel from one planet to another, faster than electricity and radioactive energies. ~ Sri Yukteswar

The consciousness of a perfected yogi is effortlessly identified, not with a narrow body, but with the universal structure. Gravitation, whether the "force" of Newton or the Einsteinian "manifestation of inertia," is powerless to compel a master to exhibit the property of "weight" which is the distinguishing gravitational condition of all material objects. He who knows himself as the omnipresent Spirit is subject no longer to the rigidities of a body in time and space. Their imprisoning "rings-pass-not" have yielded to the solvent: "I am He."
"Fiat lux! And there was light." God's first command to His ordered creation (Genesis 1:3) brought into being the only atomic reality: light. On the beams of this immaterial medium occur all divine manifestations. Devotees of every age testify to the appearance of God as flame and light. "The King of kings, and Lord of lords; who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto." 5
A yogi who through perfect meditation has merged his consciousness with the Creator perceives the cosmical essence as light; to him there is no difference between the light rays composing water and the light rays composing land. Free from matter-consciousness, free from the three dimensions of space and the fourth dimension of time, a master transfers his body of light with equal ease over the light rays of earth, water, fire, or air. Long concentration on the liberating spiritual eye has enabled the yogi to destroy all delusions concerning matter and its gravitational weight; thenceforth he sees the universe as an essentially undifferentiated mass of light. ~ Autobiography of a Yogi

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2016 06:36 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2016 05:08 pm »

mccoy Do u think we would b able to glean anything out of this... except for the fact that we r in a much darker region of manifestation.. somewhat akin to a prison when compared to this. i can understand why Yogananda could easily say when asked Is there a hell? 'Where do you think you are?' This is Yogananda asking Sri Yukteswar about the astral realm. :

"Adorable Master, please tell me more about the astral cosmos." Though I had slightly relaxed my embrace at Sri Yukteswar's request, my arms were still around him. Treasure beyond all treasures, my guru who had laughed at death to reach me!
"There are many astral planets, teeming with astral beings," Master began. "The inhabitants use astral planes, or masses of light, to travel from one planet to another, faster than electricity and radioactive energies.
"The astral universe, made of various subtle vibrations of light and color, is hundreds of times larger than the material cosmos. The entire physical creation hangs like a little solid basket under the huge luminous balloon of the astral sphere. Just as many physical suns and stars roam in space, so there are also countless astral solar and stellar systems. Their planets have astral suns and moons, more beautiful than the physical ones. The astral luminaries resemble the aurora borealis-the sunny astral aurora being more dazzling than the mild-rayed moon-aurora. The astral day and night are longer than those of earth.
"The astral world is infinitely beautiful, clean, pure, and orderly. There are no dead planets or barren lands. The terrestrial blemishes-weeds, bacteria, insects, snakes-are absent. Unlike the variable climates and seasons of the earth, the astral planets maintain the even temperature of an eternal spring, with occasional luminous white snow and rain of many-colored lights. Astral planets abound in opal lakes and bright seas and rainbow rivers.
"The ordinary astral universe-not the subtler astral heaven of Hiranyaloka-is peopled with millions of astral beings who have come, more or less recently, from the earth, and also with myriads of fairies, mermaids, fishes, animals, goblins, gnomes, demigods and spirits, all residing on different astral planets in accordance with karmic qualifications. Various spheric mansions or vibratory regions are provided for good and evil spirits. Good ones can travel freely, but the evil spirits are confined to limited zones. In the same way that human beings live on the surface of the earth, worms inside the soil, fish in water, and birds in air, so astral beings of different grades are assigned to suitable vibratory quarters.
"Among the fallen dark angels expelled from other worlds, friction and war take place with lifetronic bombs or mental mantric3 vibratory rays. These beings dwell in the gloom-drenched regions of the lower astral cosmos, working out their evil karma.
"In the vast realms above the dark astral prison, all is shining and beautiful. The astral cosmos is more naturally attuned than the earth to the divine will and plan of perfection. Every astral object is manifested primarily by the will of God, and partially by the will-call of astral beings. They possess the power of modifying or enhancing the grace and form of anything already created by the Lord. He has given His astral children the freedom and privilege of changing or improving at will the astral cosmos. On earth a solid must be transformed into liquid or other form through natural or chemical processes, but astral solids are changed into astral liquids, gases, or energy solely and instantly by the will of the inhabitants.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2016 06:17 pm »

"You have read in the scriptures," Master went on, "that God encased the human soul successively in three bodies-the idea, or causal, body; the subtle astral body, seat of man's mental and emotional natures; and the gross physical body. On earth a man is equipped with his physical senses. An astral being works with his consciousness and feelings and a body made of lifetrons.2 A causal-bodied being remains in the blissful realm of ideas. My work is with those astral beings who are preparing to enter the causal world." ~Autobiography of a Yogi

As u already know the functions we rely on here--those of the senses--r very limited.

However some of these claims that physicists r making today r much like claims made by 'metaphysicians' . That is they cannot be proven accept indirectly. This ruins the whole procedure of science which is dependent upon a rigorous verification method. So in some ways we have science and metaphysics merge. There is more proof for spirituality and less proof for science. Ahh... tis an irony!

This physical reality has infinite possibilities. The question is do we want to spend all our time exploring them. We could b here many more millions of incarnations! We know that duality is an integral part of this physical reality. What more do we need to know? We are subject to suffering here... WHERE IS THE DOOR OUT! Of course i say this with my own desires haunting me and exploring them as i seek the way out. Ahh Perhaps i am the irony after all!
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2016 06:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2016 10:56 pm »

Steve, as far as Sri Yukteswarji's descriptions go, the physical realm is a subseet of the astral realm and an imperfect, grosser reflection of it. By inference we may think that the dimensions are similar. It may not be like that, but I can recall no more detailed info on the specific issue.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2016 12:43 am »

Steve, as far as Sri Yukteswarji's descriptions go, the physical realm is a subseet of the astral realm and an imperfect, grosser reflection of it. By inference we may think that the dimensions are similar. It may not be like that, but I can recall no more detailed info on the specific issue.

Although i do not know.... it seems to me that we often 'see' the astral variant in our encounters with others and we are surprised to see the physical expression take precedent. When we recognize just what  thoughts r within others we may have to 'extract' ourselves from their dimension of reality. It may even take us down a rough road of turmoil if we let them get under our skin. Astral and causal influences in the physical realm become great insights, great sounds and great creations. Anyone who has experienced them recognizes their presence is from a higher place that transcends this physical reality.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: