Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 04:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

NDE, Near Death Experiences

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NDE, Near Death Experiences  (Read 1202 times)
SI

« on: Apr 26, 2016 11:46 pm »

Always been fascinated by these stories.

I have had a few myself, but never was anything spiritual, I was not aware of anything while I was "gone".

But in others' experiences, one thing I notice besides the common "light at the end of a tunnel", is that a spirit(s) will meet them and tell them it's not their "time", or there are still "things for you to do".

One subject comes to mind here is the free will, or choice, topic. Some folks seem to have the option of staying or going back.

And Time, where something needs to play out and must fit in with "Time".

But what gets me thinking more is, it seems like a very nice situation to have an NDE, and experience things like meeting Jesus, I'm not complaining or wish I had one, but how different a lot of lives would be if we all could have something like an NDE. It seems like they are the chosen ones, as it were. Some of these folks grew up thinking God hated them, or were atheists. Then He comes and sets it straight.

There are so many of these stories, and all have a lot in common, I can only conclude that there is truth being revealed, yet so many on this planet still think it's all BS. How can that be?
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2016 12:26 am »

maybe it is their desire to live that keeps them alive ?

to call an NDE BS seems a bit harsh even though that may be the reality for some folks. you'll find a lot researching the topic online.

some people claim to have visions of meeting jesus without experiencing a NDE- what do you make of those?

i've almost died twice ,maybe three times? there was no light at the end of the tunnel. the first time i was completely blacked out and woke up in a hospital bed the next morning. the other time was a struggle to hold on to what i understood as "personality" as the voice in my head became disorienting noise fading in blackness.

the questionable third time was when i dreamt of having a heart attack and literally watched my body die during sleep... could have just been a dream but connected to a lot of my spiritual pursuits nonetheless  Huh? lol afraid i didnt contribute much but only raise more questions  Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2016 02:17 am »

I am not aware of any cases where a Christian saw Muhammed in his NDE. I'll be happy to be corrected. Some Christians have claimed to have seen Buddha in hell and whatnot, but that's another story.

Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2016 02:23 am »

No one has yet reported any sightings of Zeus, as far as I'm aware.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2016 03:13 am by b » Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2016 02:24 am »

I have heard people say that DMT gets released by the brain in those ND situations. Just saying. It's important to remember that the term is near death experience.
Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2016 02:43 am »

I thought this excerpt from Sam Harris would add to the conversation:

"What happens after death is surely a mystery, as is the relationship between consciousness and the physical world, but there is no longer any doubt whether the character of our minds is dependent upon the functioning of our brains - and dependent in ways that are profoundly counter-intuitive. Consider one of the common features of the near-death experience: the nearly dying seem regularly to encounter their loved ones who have gone before them into the next world. (See A. Kellehear, Experiences Near Death: Beyond Medicine and Religion) We know, however, that recognizing a person's face requires an intact fusiform cortex, primarily in the right hemisphere. Damage to this area of the brain definitely robs the mind of its powers of facial recognition (among other things), a condition we call prosopagnosia. People with this condition have nothing wrong with their primary vision. They can see color and shape perfectly well. They can recognize almost everything in their environment, but they cannot distinguish between the faces of even their closest friends and family members. Are we to imagine in such cases that a person possesses an intact soul, somewhere behind the mind, that retains his ability to recognize his loved ones? It would seem so. Indeed, unless the soul retains all of the normal cognitive and perceptual capacities of the healthy brain, heaven would be populated by beings suffering from all manner of neurological deficit. But then, what are we to think of the condition of the neurologically impaired while alive? Does a person suffering from aphasia have a soul that can speak, read, and think flawlessly? Does a person whose motor skills have been degraded by cerebellar ataxia have a soul with preserved hand-eye coordination? This is rather like believing that inside every wrecked car lurks a new car just waiting to get out.

The implausibility of a soul whose powers are independent of the brain only increases once we recognize that even normal brains can be placed somewhere on a continuum of pathology. I know my soul speaks English, because that is the language that comes out of me whenever I speak or write. I used to know a fair amount of French as well. It seems that I've forgotten most of it, though, since my attempts at communication while in France provoke little more than amusement and consternation in the natives. We know, however, that the difference between my remembering and not remembering something is a matter of physical differences in the neural circuits in my brain - specifically in the synaptic connections that are responsible for information encoding, information retrieval, or both. My loss of French, therefore, can be considered a form of neurological impairment. And any Frenchman who found his linguistic ability suddenly degraded to the level of my own would rush straight to the hospital. Would his soul retain his linguistic ability in any case? Has my soul retained its memory of how to conjugate the verb bruire? Where does this notion of soul-brain dependence end? A native speaker of one of the Bantu languages would find that the functioning of my language cortex leaves even more to be desired. Given that I was never exposed to Bantu sounds as a child, it is almost certain that I would find it difficult in the extreme, if not impossible, to distinguish between them, much less reproduce them in a way that would satisfy a native speaker. But perhaps my soul has mastered the Bantu languages as well. There are only five hundred of them."
Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2016 03:02 am »

@Daemoon, thanks for sharing your experiences.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2016 03:46 am »

I am not aware of any cases where a Christian saw Muhammed in his NDE.

I am totally not following you.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2016 03:46 am »

No one has yet reported any sightings of Zeus, as far as I'm aware.

Me neither. But that is not even a point?
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2016 03:48 am »

I have heard people say that DMT gets released by the brain in those ND situations. Just saying. It's important to remember that the term is near death experience.

b, it's better for me to understand if you just say what you're thinking, I don't seem to be able to connect the dots.
Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2016 04:57 am »

I wanted to share this here. I clipped this from a longer video where Terence Mckenna is describing his DMT expriences which are incredible. In this clip he describes how he gave something (I assume DMT) to a Tibetan Lama. You might be interested in what the Lama had to say.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2016 06:09 am by b » Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2016 05:03 am »

I can never get tubechop to run on linux/firefox, dont know why, maybe there's a better way?
Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2016 05:11 am »

SI,

They are just some suggestive observations. I guess what I am implying is that the brain is still actively producing images that correspond the the conditioning of that ND experiencer. That accounts for why a Christian sees Jesus instead of Thor, for example, etc. Or a so called atheist who is brought up in Tennessee sees Jesus and not Krishna.

Am I getting too edgy here? This site seems to be wide open, which is why I post this stuff here instead of the other forum where it might be somewhat inappropriate. I don't want to be obnoxious with my posts, though.

Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2016 05:12 am »

I can never get tubechop to run on linux/firefox, dont know why, maybe there's a better way?

If you find one, let me know! I'm on the lookout for a good alternative. I am not crazy about it either. Were you not able to watch the video at all?
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2016 05:13 am by b » Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2016 07:22 am »

SI,

They are just some suggestive observations. I guess what I am implying is that the brain is still actively producing images that correspond the the conditioning of that ND experiencer. That accounts for why a Christian sees Jesus instead of Thor, for example, etc. Or a so called atheist who is brought up in Tennessee sees Jesus and not Krishna.

Am I getting too edgy here? This site seems to be wide open, which is why I post this stuff here instead of the other forum where it might be somewhat inappropriate. I don't want to be obnoxious with my posts, though.

No you're fine, but really we don't know what is going on. It may be that a Christian sees Jesus because of pure spiritual reasons, and/or what God sees fit for him to see.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: