Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 08:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What is Spirituality for You?

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Spirituality for You?  (Read 586 times)
Starling

« on: Sep 24, 2009 01:20 am »

Nomaste..I sense your wisdom is very great,you are an inspiration to my spirit.
Here we are largely breaking down preconceptions, and what we were "raised to know".   This is the beginnings of making the body and mind ready for the expansion of consciousness -- preparing us to recognize ("recieve") the "spirit essence" of our "true being".   At this stage, it is likely that we are still working too much with the human mind (with a little percolating of the divine Mind), therefore, we gain "knowledge", but not necessarily "wisdom".  Knowledge may be communicated. Wisdom must be directly gained / directly experienced / directly realized by each of us.   

Moments of PEACE may be gained, but our nature is still easily distrupted from the Peaceful state.

In this lifetime I have lived, I searched various "religions" never to find any form of spiritual satisfaction. Hence, I would attend services, feel a connection to God and there it would stay, as if I was dangling...presence of his spirit was in my grasp, but so unable move forward to a place that I felt peace and comfort, not within my soul completely.The general practice of these religious teachings seem to be so worldly and only concentrate on the human mind, what our mind is cabable of absorbing...on a conscious level is limited in relation to what you describe. I am understanding that now and looking back..... I now know why I was never satisifed spiritually.

I understand the concept of expanding the consciousness of the mind, to gain the wisdom needed to find our "true being", but don't understand alot of the terms, practices and the meanings of such. I recall discussing the Bhagavad Gita some with Steve back when we  worked together in Michigan. Steve planted seeds with his wisdom, in order that I might gain knowlegde of the lessons of his way to spiritual enlightenment......he was my teacher. I have much to learn, I would love to learn more from your posts.

I think, Steve.... that these soul searching energies Alfred Hitchcock was concerned with, are having a positive effect on his lil creature. He must have heeded my advice some?

Thank you.. both Nomaste and Steve for sharing your knowledge and wisdom..the inspiration I have acquired is soothing to my soul. Smiley Looking forward to more....

Starling
Report Spam   Logged

A Lady Leo

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: