Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 12:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What is Spirituality for You?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Spirituality for You?  (Read 577 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 14, 2009 05:43 am »

i wonder what does it mean to be spiritual to you?
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Starling

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2009 07:06 pm »

Connection to a reality beyond than the physical world and oneself, which may include an emotional experience of awe and reverence. Spirituality can also include the development of an individual's inner life through practices such as meditation and prayer, including the search for God, the supernatural, a divine influence, or information about the afterlife. This is what I know is the meaning of spirituality......
Steve, you once explained a theory to me of the human "state of being" in this physical world and how it "appears real," in this realm its only physical matter that we appear to see. I would like to ponder on this theory...maybe you could refresh my memory of your feelings on this subject? (do you recall what I am asking of?)..... Roll Eyes

Starling
Report Spam   Logged

A Lady Leo
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2009 07:32 am »

Connection to a reality beyond than the physical world and oneself, which may include an emotional experience of awe and reverence. Spirituality can also include the development of an individual's inner life through practices such as meditation and prayer, including the search for God, the supernatural, a divine influence, or information about the afterlife. This is what I know is the meaning of spirituality......
Steve, you once explained a theory to me of the human "state of being" in this physical world and how it "appears real," in this realm its only physical matter that we appear to see. I would like to ponder on this theory...maybe you could refresh my memory of your feelings on this subject? (do you recall what I am asking of?)..... Roll Eyes

Starling

Yes everything is energy. We are made of energy. Everything we see is vibrating with energy. We think we are material bodies but in reality we are energy. If you look at a projector you will see light pouring onto a screen. That light energizes a screen so that we see motion pictures. Like wise God's light is projected on the screen of the outside world therefore we see a movie taking place. In the same way we see movie pictures on the screen of our consciousness at nite with true to life characters that evaporate at dawn. Likewise the true to life characters that we see in this life will soon evaporate and this will be nothing but a dream also. A dream of God's light and energy.

When someone becomes truly enlightened they no longer see this life as real as we do. They see rather a projection of light that has made a seeming reality go back into it's component parts of light and energy. They become one with what has created this physical universe. At this point the seeming reality of this universe is just another dream reality like the dream reality we have at nite in our own personal dreams. The difference is that God gives a preview into our own dream movie house so that we can see how he has a dream movie house called this universe.

One meditates to reach higher states of consciousness so that we to will be able to see this creation as it is and not as we imagine it to be. In higher states of samadhi one gains an understanding of these principles and at a certain point is able not only to understand the dream nature of this reality but is also able to change the light and energy to suit the divine purpose. This is what is called a miracle to unenlightened souls.

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2009 08:10 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2009 04:48 am »

(What is Spirituality to me?  hmmnnn.... Let's see...)

Spirituality...  is NOT Religion...  it is closer in concept to the unfolding realization of the "essence" of our "true being"...

Spirituality is the natural yearning of one's truest compassionate heart... an expanding awareness of our relationship with our divine beloved (God)... 

...in unforced, natural flow, merging in that love,... allowing our heart to be a conduit for the expression of our infinite beloved...  to see manifestations in the many image, reflections of infinite beloved (God)...  to release our fears, in trusting love, and to simply flow in service and wonder...

Nomaste that is something to ponder and meditate on. It seems that you have given it some thought and it is contagious to practice.

Jai guru friend i am glad i started this thread
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Starling

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2009 05:36 am »

(What is Spirituality to me?  hmmnnn.... Let's see...)

Spirituality...  is NOT Religion...  it is closer in concept to the unfolding realization of the "essence" of our "true being"...

Spirituality is the natural yearning of one's truest compassionate heart... an expanding awareness of our relationship with our divine beloved (God)... 

...in unforced, natural flow, merging in that love,... allowing our heart to be a conduit for the expression of our infinite beloved...  to see manifestations in the many image, reflections of infinite beloved (God)...  to release our fears, in trusting love, and to simply flow in service and wonder...

Nomaste that is something to ponder and meditate on. It seems that you have given it some thought and it is contagious to practice.

Jai guru friend i am glad i started this thread

That is so VERY beautiful.....what an awesome concept in describing spirituality Smiley I have been searching for many years to find the right path to spirituality . I  began a journey years ago when I spent some time with Steve in Michigan, but due to restrictions in my life at the time, I could not pursue the lessons of his way to enlightenment.....and alas, lost my way on that path......now I find myself distanced by miles of country between us, and have finally connected with him again through the internet....as I continue the desire to learn of such things....I am finding much here in this forum to ponder on. So much of what fellow members leave for others to absorb. This is Good food for the soul.
Starling
Report Spam   Logged

A Lady Leo
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2009 09:00 pm »

Nomaste we enjoy your inspirtational talks. Please keep them coming. Alfred Hitchcock wrote a personal message to me expressing his sorrow that you deleted his post. He is a very sensitive guy you know. He is sorry that he has seen so many 'horror films' in life that it is harder for him to  speak in such rarified terms as you expound. He wanted me to mention to you that his gargoyle has cowered down into a gentle murmer after he read your post to him. Well just wanted to tell you we appreciate your presence Nomaste. It would be neat to see what Starling and some others think of your last post.

Steve Hydonus
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Starling

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2009 01:20 am »

Nomaste..I sense your wisdom is very great,you are an inspiration to my spirit.
Here we are largely breaking down preconceptions, and what we were "raised to know".   This is the beginnings of making the body and mind ready for the expansion of consciousness -- preparing us to recognize ("recieve") the "spirit essence" of our "true being".   At this stage, it is likely that we are still working too much with the human mind (with a little percolating of the divine Mind), therefore, we gain "knowledge", but not necessarily "wisdom".  Knowledge may be communicated. Wisdom must be directly gained / directly experienced / directly realized by each of us.   

Moments of PEACE may be gained, but our nature is still easily distrupted from the Peaceful state.

In this lifetime I have lived, I searched various "religions" never to find any form of spiritual satisfaction. Hence, I would attend services, feel a connection to God and there it would stay, as if I was dangling...presence of his spirit was in my grasp, but so unable move forward to a place that I felt peace and comfort, not within my soul completely.The general practice of these religious teachings seem to be so worldly and only concentrate on the human mind, what our mind is cabable of absorbing...on a conscious level is limited in relation to what you describe. I am understanding that now and looking back..... I now know why I was never satisifed spiritually.

I understand the concept of expanding the consciousness of the mind, to gain the wisdom needed to find our "true being", but don't understand alot of the terms, practices and the meanings of such. I recall discussing the Bhagavad Gita some with Steve back when we  worked together in Michigan. Steve planted seeds with his wisdom, in order that I might gain knowlegde of the lessons of his way to spiritual enlightenment......he was my teacher. I have much to learn, I would love to learn more from your posts.

I think, Steve.... that these soul searching energies Alfred Hitchcock was concerned with, are having a positive effect on his lil creature. He must have heeded my advice some?

Thank you.. both Nomaste and Steve for sharing your knowledge and wisdom..the inspiration I have acquired is soothing to my soul. Smiley Looking forward to more....

Starling
Report Spam   Logged

A Lady Leo
Starling

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2009 10:21 am »

Namaste..again words of wisdom to ponder... I am inspired in reading your posts.  Smiley
As I continue to delve on my stepping stone/journey quest....what IS the true path to take? My inner spirit seeks to know....to find myself, grow spiritually and come to know our creator and find peace . My life has recently begun a new beginning and I have been granted opportunities for change...spiritually and physically.  I have found this forum to be a positive influence in my search for growth, and understand that the journey is mine to make.... and mine alone and in my own time. Yes, there are things that resonate to me...in your written dialogue. Thank you..... for your insight and for sharing Smiley These are things I will continously ponder, as I decide which path is calling me.
Starling
Report Spam   Logged

A Lady Leo
StephenK

« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2009 06:07 am »

When I think of the word spirituality there is so much that crosses my mind... untold images, multi leveled experiences,
the untellable impressions that I've filtered through in the search for blend-able balance... the dreams that are normal and the ones
that tend to take me to another place entirely.... it's this energy-field of wonderment that emerges continually from another... the birth of my
children as they start blue and breath our environment for the first time... the love of a dog who follows closely my every move...

And this thing I call "I".  How is it that I am so eternally I.   I take this for granted....  I am never without this knowing that somehow
I am always I....

"Spirituality" is the ball that we kick when we're wanting to start down the field of individualized discovery.  It's mental, it's intuitive,
it's often speculatively addressed...and it's unavoidably intrusive and direct at surprising times.

It's as light as a feather and as dark as a storm....   it's the study of that which we are.....   :^)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: