Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 03:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

When Peace Calmness and Equinimity turn into action.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When Peace Calmness and Equinimity turn into action.  (Read 191 times)
guest88
« on: May 21, 2016 08:40 pm »

when i used to meditate regularly my friends would comment on the few occasions we'd hang out that i could take their current situation and turn it into light.

my personality is a bit different now, especially because of circumstance and environment. less meditation. less exercise. more financial responsibility. time management you say? i know.  Grin

i do feel at times life is a show and i'm able to watch others express anger around me with little to no offense taken. lately, a few strangers have been blatantly rude to me(in passing). because it's in passing i try to remember their attitude is not something i want so, i am able to detach a little easier. it isn't always easy though. the first rude experience i had recently w/ someone was my own fault(alcohol. not everyone wants to be in the happy go lucky mood it seems =P) and so my comment is, i don't think i'm at that point where i'm beyond what seems like the human condition but have been graced by the awareness you describe from time to time.
i only hope i'm learning from all this lol

the other day i was stopped at a red light and noticed the person behind me get out of their car lashing at a taxi driver next to me. he was slamming his fist against his window and banging his chest- sad. i'm guilty of this rage and know i have a lot of unresolved conflict within. perhaps i've allowed it to get this far?

i think it's nice you were able to laugh at brother turiynanada steve. =) some may have reacted differently, depending how lost in the little world they are. that's all this feels like at times. all the sorrow, offense, anger, joy, pleasure, desires... every bit of it created from my own little world. not always the place one wants to be.

it's interesting to remember every single person we meet probably experiences life very differently from our own. although we may vary in similarities it's humbling to remember this and try to open up to their experience when you share(as messy as that can be sometimes)

i'm going off on a tangent steve sorry! =) just wanted to reply to your post even though you may be going in a separate direction. it is possible to turn a negative situation into a positive one. my question is, is it necessary to get involved?

thank you for reminding me and reflecting what i've been feeling lately! hope you're having a nice day Mr. Hydonus =)  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: