Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Higher Airstreams

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Higher Airstreams  (Read 2344 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jun 18, 2016 01:15 pm »

Recently i spent time with a friend and for a while and felt somewhat transported to these higher energies manifesting from higher aspirations combining between us.

Quite often, i find myself on a higher airstream, so to speak, as i am aware of the fact that i am gliding.  There r so many countering forces that make us take a spin in the wrong direction. Perhaps it was quite like that entering into this life again. We may have been in a high space and then had material thoughts and suddenly made a nose dive towards planet earth. Meditation and spiritual practice and the guidance of spiritual masters help us keep our continuity of thoughts in higher realms with less and less interruption. Higher moods and thoughts come from these regions and filter their way to us through the material dimension.

In the Autobiography of a Yogi (chapter 43) Sri Yukteswar speaks in length about these higher realms that are much nicer to be in then this earth. "The earth is dark with warfare and murder in the sea, land, and air," my guru continued, "but the astral realms know a happy harmony and equality. Astral beings dematerialize or materialize their forms at will. Flowers or fish or animals can metamorphose themselves, for a time, into astral men. All astral beings are free to assume any form, and can easily commune together. No fixed, definite, natural law hems them round-any astral tree, for example, can be successfully asked to produce an astral mango or other desired fruit, flower, or indeed any other object. Certain karmic restrictions are present, but there are no distinctions in the astral world about desirability of various forms. Everything is vibrant with God's creative light.
"No one is born of woman; offspring are materialized by astral beings through the help of their cosmic will into specially patterned, astrally condensed forms. The recently physically disembodied being arrives in an astral family through invitation, drawn by similar mental and spiritual tendencies.
"The astral body is not subject to cold or heat or other natural conditions. The anatomy includes an astral brain, or the thousand-petaled lotus of light, and six awakened centers in the sushumna, or astral cerebro-spinal axis. The heart draws cosmic energy as well as light from the astral brain, and pumps it to the astral nerves and body cells, or lifetrons. Astral beings can affect their bodies by lifetronic force or by mantric vibrations.
"The astral body is an exact counterpart of the last physical form. Astral beings retain the same appearance which they possessed in youth in their previous earthly sojourn; occasionally an astral being chooses, like myself, to retain his old age appearance." Master, emanating the very essence of youth, chuckled merrily.
"Unlike the spacial, three-dimensional physical world cognized only by the five senses, the astral spheres are visible to the all-inclusive sixth sense-intuition," Sri Yukteswar went on. "By sheer intuitional feeling, all astral beings see, hear, smell, taste, and touch. They possess three eyes, two of which are partly closed. The third and chief astral eye, vertically placed on the forehead, is open. Astral beings have all the outer sensory organs-ears, eyes, nose, tongue, and skin-but they employ the intuitional sense to experience sensations through any part of the body; they can see through the ear, or nose, or skin. They are able to hear through the eyes or tongue, and can taste through the ears or skin, and so forth.4
"Man's physical body is exposed to countless dangers, and is easily hurt or maimed; the ethereal astral body may occasionally be cut or bruised but is healed at once by mere willing."
"Gurudeva, are all astral persons beautiful?"
"Beauty in the astral world is known to be a spiritual quality, and not an outward conformation," Sri Yukteswar replied. "Astral beings therefore attach little importance to facial features. They have the privilege, however, of costuming themselves at will with new, colorful, astrally materialized bodies. Just as worldly men don new array for gala events, so astral beings find occasions to bedeck themselves in specially designed forms.
"Joyous astral festivities on the higher astral planets like Hiranyaloka take place when a being is liberated from the astral world through spiritual advancement, and is therefore ready to enter the heaven of the causal world. On such occasions the Invisible Heavenly Father, and the saints who are merged in Him, materialize Themselves into bodies of Their own choice and join the astral celebration. In order to please His beloved devotee, the Lord takes any desired form. If the devotee worshiped through devotion, he sees God as the Divine Mother. To Jesus, the Father-aspect of the Infinite One was appealing beyond other conceptions. The individuality with which the Creator has endowed each of His creatures makes every conceivable and inconceivable demand on the Lord's versatility!" My guru and I laughed happily together.
"Friends of other lives easily recognize one another in the astral world," Sri Yukteswar went on in his beautiful, flutelike voice. "Rejoicing at the immortality of friendship, they realize the indestructibility of love, often doubted at the time of the sad, delusive partings of earthly life.
"The intuition of astral beings pierces through the veil and observes human activities on earth, but man cannot view the astral world unless his sixth sense is somewhat developed. Thousands of earth-dwellers have momentarily glimpsed an astral being or an astral world.
"The advanced beings on Hiranyaloka remain mostly awake in ecstasy during the long astral day and night, helping to work out intricate problems of cosmic government and the redemption of prodigal sons, earthbound souls. When the Hiranyaloka beings sleep, they have occasional dreamlike astral visions. Their minds are usually engrossed in the conscious state of highest nirbikalpa bliss.
"Inhabitants in all parts of the astral worlds are still subject to mental agonies. The sensitive minds of the higher beings on planets like Hiranyaloka feel keen pain if any mistake is made in conduct or perception of truth. These advanced beings endeavor to attune their every act and thought with the perfection of spiritual law.

.......Recently i spent time with a friend and for a while and felt somewhat transported to these higher energies manifesting from higher aspirations combining between us.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016 01:20 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SI

« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2016 07:13 am »

In the Autobiography of a Yogi (chapter 43) Sri Yukteswar speaks in length about these higher realms that are much nicer to be in then this earth. "The earth is dark with warfare and murder in the sea, land, and air," my guru continued, "but the astral realms know a happy harmony and equality. Astral beings dematerialize or materialize their forms at will. Flowers or fish or animals can metamorphose themselves, for a time, into astral men. All astral beings are free to assume any form, and can easily commune together. No fixed, definite, natural law hems them round-any astral tree, for example, can be successfully asked to produce an astral mango or other desired fruit, flower, or indeed any other object. Certain karmic restrictions are present, but there are no distinctions in the astral world about desirability of various forms. Everything is vibrant with God's creative light.
"No one is born of woman; offspring are materialized by astral beings through the help of their cosmic will into specially patterned, astrally condensed forms. The recently physically disembodied being arrives in an astral family through invitation, drawn by similar mental and spiritual tendencies.
"The astral body is not subject to cold or heat or other natural conditions. The anatomy includes an astral brain, or the thousand-petaled lotus of light, and six awakened centers in the sushumna, or astral cerebro-spinal axis. The heart draws cosmic energy as well as light from the astral brain, and pumps it to the astral nerves and body cells, or lifetrons. Astral beings can affect their bodies by lifetronic force or by mantric vibrations.
"The astral body is an exact counterpart of the last physical form. Astral beings retain the same appearance which they possessed in youth in their previous earthly sojourn; occasionally an astral being chooses, like myself, to retain his old age appearance." Master, emanating the very essence of youth, chuckled merrily.
"Unlike the spacial, three-dimensional physical world cognized only by the five senses, the astral spheres are visible to the all-inclusive sixth sense-intuition," Sri Yukteswar went on. "By sheer intuitional feeling, all astral beings see, hear, smell, taste, and touch. They possess three eyes, two of which are partly closed. The third and chief astral eye, vertically placed on the forehead, is open. Astral beings have all the outer sensory organs-ears, eyes, nose, tongue, and skin-but they employ the intuitional sense to experience sensations through any part of the body; they can see through the ear, or nose, or skin. They are able to hear through the eyes or tongue, and can taste through the ears or skin, and so forth.4
"Man's physical body is exposed to countless dangers, and is easily hurt or maimed; the ethereal astral body may occasionally be cut or bruised but is healed at once by mere willing."
"Gurudeva, are all astral persons beautiful?"
"Beauty in the astral world is known to be a spiritual quality, and not an outward conformation," Sri Yukteswar replied. "Astral beings therefore attach little importance to facial features. They have the privilege, however, of costuming themselves at will with new, colorful, astrally materialized bodies. Just as worldly men don new array for gala events, so astral beings find occasions to bedeck themselves in specially designed forms.
"Joyous astral festivities on the higher astral planets like Hiranyaloka take place when a being is liberated from the astral world through spiritual advancement, and is therefore ready to enter the heaven of the causal world. On such occasions the Invisible Heavenly Father, and the saints who are merged in Him, materialize Themselves into bodies of Their own choice and join the astral celebration. In order to please His beloved devotee, the Lord takes any desired form. If the devotee worshiped through devotion, he sees God as the Divine Mother. To Jesus, the Father-aspect of the Infinite One was appealing beyond other conceptions. The individuality with which the Creator has endowed each of His creatures makes every conceivable and inconceivable demand on the Lord's versatility!" My guru and I laughed happily together.
"Friends of other lives easily recognize one another in the astral world," Sri Yukteswar went on in his beautiful, flutelike voice. "Rejoicing at the immortality of friendship, they realize the indestructibility of love, often doubted at the time of the sad, delusive partings of earthly life.
"The intuition of astral beings pierces through the veil and observes human activities on earth, but man cannot view the astral world unless his sixth sense is somewhat developed. Thousands of earth-dwellers have momentarily glimpsed an astral being or an astral world.
"The advanced beings on Hiranyaloka remain mostly awake in ecstasy during the long astral day and night, helping to work out intricate problems of cosmic government and the redemption of prodigal sons, earthbound souls. When the Hiranyaloka beings sleep, they have occasional dreamlike astral visions. Their minds are usually engrossed in the conscious state of highest nirbikalpa bliss.
"Inhabitants in all parts of the astral worlds are still subject to mental agonies. The sensitive minds of the higher beings on planets like Hiranyaloka feel keen pain if any mistake is made in conduct or perception of truth. These advanced beings endeavor to attune their every act and thought with the perfection of spiritual law.

I'm curious. Do you think PY actually experienced this, or was this very intuitive thought?

Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2016 02:08 am »

I've never really understood all that. They themselves have said in other places that if you make it to those worlds then you will have to fall down again. There are some indian anecdotes in this vain. Hiranyaloka is Sanskrit for "Golden world". It's basically a heavenly realm. Assuming that it is not just PY's imagination brought on by the grief of Yukteswar's death, it is still a temporary place and can't denote full enlightenment. An enlightened being, as I understand, wouldn't reincarnate at all in any world. I also don't believe the avatar stuff much either.

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2016 02:10 am by grasshopper » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2016 11:59 am »

Tolerance in spirituality is a mark of spirituality. U may believe as u wish. If it does not offend or hurt others--- what difference does it make what others experience or believe? Quite frankly though; your beliefs and views do not accurately reflect my own. I would say they are misrepresented views of my own and the teachings and views of the Masters. This is a natural outcome of people trying to make sense of what they do not understand.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2016 12:14 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2016 01:22 pm »

... I also don't believe the avatar stuff much either.

Brock, I would rather express in objective, technical terms.

If you say: "I don't believe...' that's an expression of your own individual reasoning, which may be biased.

If you say: evidence suggests that....., or logic suggests that...., enumerating the points leading to such conclusions, then your point gains a much higher value, since it has shifted from the subjective realm of individual belief to the objective realm of common logic and evidence.

Also, if you beg my pertinacious punctiliousness, you did not explain exactly what in the 'avatar stuff' is not correct in your opinion.
Right now, I'm expressing in a most neutral way. I myself found some incoherencies in the recounts of avatars as exposed in the AOY. Some apparent contradictions have been discussed by Anandamoy as well.

Pls explain what are your doubts exactly and the reasons. Do you doubt the very concept of 'Avatar' and why, or do you doubt some specific context which appears inconsistent.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2016 01:59 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2016 10:01 pm »

Sure, Mccoy, I'm happy to explain my line of thinking but my statement is really just how it seems to me. I can't offer a proof. How would you prove or disprove such an idea? But as I said in that post, I have heard some say that if you are "enlightened" then you won't incarnate in any world at all. It would be like you deciding to go take a nap so as to rescue someone that last night you dreamed was in trouble. To you suffering is itself illusory and there are no other people separate from you. So there is no room for this idea of incarnating to save others. At best, one might think that there is a desire to be a guru or an avatar, which would then, following this line of thinking, entail an incarnation to fulfill that desire.

Also, they say God is everywhere. Well then, avatar doesn't make much sense. It is like a part of the ocean turning into a drop so as to go swimming in the ocean.

Anyway, all that's assuming you believe certain things. In that tiny little paragraph I just wrote, there are a lot of assumptions. First, that there is something called enlightenment. God. Second, that what "some say" about it is correct. And third, that there is any reincarnation at all (something I also don't see why we should assume).

Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2016 10:04 pm »

Either we're all avatars are no one is.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2016 10:05 pm »

avatar is definitely an illusion.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2016 10:08 pm »

All deities are projections. So avatars are a person who becomes a deity through the process of projection. That's why avatar is a personal thing. If you see an avatar, they're an avatar. But remember every ant was once Indra, according to a hindu myth.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2016 10:09 pm »

A block of stone can become God if it is sacred to you.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2016 08:17 am »

We all have our individual take on this plane of existence. When we tolerate and appreciate all views it fits together more like a large puzzle. Each piece makes the whole gestalt. Making sense of each piece without putting it together as a whole picture 📷 gives only part of a view.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016 09:24 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2016 02:51 pm »

Brock, you must be the reincarnation of Carneades, the ultra-skeptic philosopher:

Carneades is known as an Academic skeptic. Academic skeptics (so called because this was the type of skepticism taught in Plato's Academy in Athens) hold that all knowledge is impossible, except for the knowledge that all other knowledge is impossible.

But even Carneades reached a pragmatistic compromise, to be applied in terms of degree of probability:

...But after all, people must live and act, and must have some rule of practical life; therefore, although it is impossible to pronounce anything as absolutely true, we may yet establish probabilities of various degrees. For, although we cannot say that any given conception or sensation is in itself true, yet some sensations appear to us more true than others, and we must be guided by that which seems the most true. Again, sensations are not single, but generally combined with others, which either confirm or contradict them; and the greater this combination the greater is the probability of that being true which the rest combine to confirm; and the case in which the greatest number of conceptions, each in themselves apparently most true, should combine to affirm that which also in itself appears most true, would present to Carneades the highest probability, and his nearest approach to truth

Quotes from the relevant wiki voice
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 2016 03:09 pm »

mccoy It is interesting that u should bring up philosophy here. When we come into this life we bring strong samskaras from past incarnations. It may be much more true then we recognize. Brock could very well be bringing in habits and views from the past. When i was a child and thru the years i have often put blankets-like robes- around myself. So often i find myself connected to the Greek period myself-possible an incarnation with Brock.

i can say this with assurance for myself. Yogananda and Amma have told us about Avatars. It would be quite a doubting Thomas to continuously have no faith in their words and the experiences i have had and many many others who have taken the time to practice and follow the teachings and techniques of such Masters. That is the difference between a disciple like Thomas and John. Thomas said he would not believe unless he put his finger in the hole where Christ had been lanced and Jesus said blessed are those who not seeing yet still believe because of their faith. 'A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience—a reference to the Apostle Thomas, who refused to believe that the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the ten other apostles, until he could see and feel the wounds received by Jesus on the cross.'

Brock certainly does not have to believe anything if he wishes. If u would like u do not even have to believe that u can stand up and walk to a door. That is up to u. U had to learn that at one point also. Personally though my beliefs were not something real till i proved them to myself. If someone is not willing to take the time to do that why argue the point? Many people make all kinds of assumptions about avatars without having even listened to what they themselves-as avatars- have said about avatars. Let others have their views. i have my own experiences. i do not rely on the skepticism of others to come to conclusions. i have relied on my own personal practice. i need to prove nothing to others. i have proved it to myself. If others do not want to spend the time to do this that is their prerogative.

avatar is definitely an illusion.

Sure, Mccoy, I'm happy to explain my line of thinking but my statement is really just how it seems to me. I can't offer a proof. How would you prove or disprove such an idea? But as I said in that post, I have heard some say that if you are "enlightened" then you won't incarnate in any world at all.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016 07:11 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 2016 04:47 pm »

Even in my reasoning, the model of the Avatar as proposed by the Hindu philosophy sure has its logic appeal. A totally liberated soul chooses, or sometimes is rather called, to reincarnate again for a specific mission. Rather than to stay in its unimaginable retreat of bliss.

True enough, the details are often obscure and contradictory, but I wish that I might have a practical immediate interest in how it feels being an avatar!
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Jun 21, 2016 05:11 pm »

Even in my reasoning, the model of the Avatar as proposed by the Hindu philosophy sure has its logic appeal. A totally liberated soul chooses, or sometimes is rather called, to reincarnate again for a specific mission. Rather than to stay in its unimaginable retreat of bliss.

True enough, the details are often obscure and contradictory, but I wish that I might have a practical immediate interest in how it feels being an avatar!

mccoy quite often i add to my post. In this case u were writing while i was adding so i hope u find the time to reread some of it. i think the notion that Brock was proposing was that if it is all a dream--- why come back and save some one else from it? However for most of us most of the time; it does not often appear as a dream to us and since we have a spirit or soul within us we seek to b free of the dream. We are fortunate beyond measure to have others come back and compassionately help us be free of the dream.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016 07:12 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: